Newport Academy is a series of evidence-based healing centers for adolescents and families struggling with mental health issues. With locations across the United States, Newport Academy offers a family-systems approach, providing gender-specific, individualized, and comprehensive holistic programs that encompass clinical therapy, academic support, and experiential practices. We treat individuals, ages 12–20, who are experiencing depression, anxiety, eating disorders, trauma, and substance abuse. Offerings include residential treatment, intensive outpatient programming, therapeutic day schools, and day treatment. Newport Academy nurtures the physical, psychological, social, educational, and spiritual needs of adolescents and their families, from a foundation of compassionate care, clinical expertise, and unconditional love. Our primary mission is to empower teens and restore families. Experts include medical directors, psychiatrists, therapists, registered dietitians, nurses, licensed social workers, teachers, and more.
Check out our Careers page Careers
Empowering Teens. Restoring Families.®
Newport Academy is looking for a full-time, Licensed Psychologist to support a six-bed Young Adult Residential Treatment Facility located in Sunol, CA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer Psychological Testing including a full battery of testing for clients.
- Provide weekly support to clients as needed.
- Facilitate groups
- Serve as a clinical liason
- Strongly relationship based in clinical approach.
- Experience working with young adults.
- Ability and willingness to respond to client in between sessions and in crisis moments.
- Strong team player and ability to accept constructive feedback.
- Ability and willingness to participate in weekly individual and group supervision.
Basic Education and Experience Required:
Licensed Psychologist in CA - Ed.D, Ph.D or PsyDd required.
Newport Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.