Newport Academy is a series of evidence-based healing centers for adolescents and families struggling with mental health issues. With locations across the United States, Newport Academy offers a family-systems approach, providing gender-specific, individualized, and comprehensive holistic programs that encompass clinical therapy, academic support, and experiential practices. We treat individuals, ages 12–20, who are experiencing depression, anxiety, eating disorders, trauma, and substance abuse. Offerings include residential treatment, intensive outpatient programming, therapeutic day schools, and day treatment. Newport Academy nurtures the physical, psychological, social, educational, and spiritual needs of adolescents and their families, from a foundation of compassionate care, clinical expertise, and unconditional love. Our primary mission is to empower teens and restore families. Experts include medical directors, psychiatrists, therapists, registered dietitians, nurses, licensed social workers, teachers, and more.
Check out our Careers page Careers
Empowering Teens. Restoring Families.®
In the state of CT, APRN's will see ages 13 and up.
The Advanced Practice Registered Nurse is responsible for direct services with children, adolescents and their families including but not limited to evaluation/assessment; medication therapies and medical management; psychotherapy and counseling; parent/consumer education; record keeping; collaboration with other professionals, team members as well as related community services.
- APRN evaluation and management for clients through direct care encounters weekly and as needed. Direct care encounters may include prescription and management of medication, order and interpretation of labs, order of consultations or referrals, and education to patients and families.
- Documentation of patient encounters through weekly progress notes
- Weekly updates of treatment plan
- Round collaboratively with Psychiatrists regarding shared cases and treatment teams weekly and as needed
- Assist with providing cross-coverage to Psychiatry team cases
- Assist with patient admissions including initial evaluations and initial assessment documentation
- Provide collateral/liaison contact to patient families
- Provide collateral/liaison contact to outpatient providers for clients
- Assist with utilization reviews for clients
- Complete discharge recommendation assessments as part of collaborative discharge summaries
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment including maintaining requirements of Physician Collaborative Agreements
- Master’s degree from an accredited college.
- APRN License from the State.
Newport Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.