The Student Accounts Clerk will greet all students, parents, and others who enter into the Student Accounts Office. In addition, the Clerk will promptly and accurately process student payments, departmental deposits, and assist the Student Accounts Specialist with the day-to-day processing of the students’ accounts.
- Answer the main Student Accounts telephone line and distributing calls to appropriate team members.
- Assisting with the answering of the Student Accounts email inbox.
- Enters in cash, checks, charges (student payments on account, etc.) and records to proper general ledger account.
- Assists with recording of NBS payments, PayPal payments, etc.
- Assists with distribution of petty cash, payroll checks, reimbursement checks, etc.
- Assists with distribution and recording of parking permits.
- Assists Student Accounts Specialist with establishing communication with students regarding delinquent accounts.
- Enters holds on students’ accounts who have not paid or signed up for NBS (online payment plan) by published due date.
- Reconciles NBS balances with Newman as needed.
- Balances bookstore and charge card transactions daily.
- Provides back up for the Student Accounts Specialist.
- Performs any other duties as requested by the Student Accounts Supervisor.
- High School Diploma is required.
- At least 1 to 2 years of customer service and office experience.
- Basic knowledge of billing and light collecting procedures preferred.
- Strong computer skills with the ability to readily acquire new program knowledge
- Ability to work in busy office setting and handle frequent interruptions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with organization, planning, decision-making, time management, and listening skills.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and right to privacy