- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Office Coordinator is responsible for managing the School of Business office. They will assist with both the graduate and undergraduate programs, and School of Business faculty to develop a strong School of Business programs by handling the student lifecycle from recruitment to graduation. This includes various clerical tasks such as record keeping, scheduling meetings, and tracking department expenditures.
This position is responsible for cultivating and maintaining the institution's Catholic identity and its mission to empower graduates to transform society. As a member of the Newman community, the staff member will join with the institution's sponsors, the Adorers of the Blood of Christ (ASC Sisters), to witness God's love in Mission to empower others, foster oneness, celebrate life, form right relationships, and walk as compassionate companions. Additionally, this position contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other faiths, cultures, or backgrounds.
Position is full time (40hrs) and works 12 months per year. Paid time off and benefits starting after first 30 days. Approximately 20 days off with pay for observed holidays/breaks with an additional 2 weeks of vacation time accrued per year. Tuition waiver for employee, spouse and eligible dependents after one year of employment.
- Assist both the undergraduate and graduate business programs by supporting the student life-cycle process from recruitment and retention to graduate and alumni including maintaining student files and managing the student database following FERPA guidelines.
- Provide excellent customer service to all stakeholders by answering questions, providing resources, and referring them to the appropriate parties as needed.
- Assist with School of Business functions (recruiting events, mixers, orientations, etc) and all Newman-related events (continuing education units, commencement, recruitment presentations, etc).
- Perform various administrative tasks such as scheduling meetings, taking minutes, and coordinating travel arrangements as needed. Order and maintain all office supplies, course materials, recruitment material, etc. and process payment requests to vendors and individuals.
- Contribute to the overall success of the School of Business by performing all other duties as assigned by the Dean and appropriate to the position.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Three or more years’ experience in an administrative setting.
- Experience working within academic settings is preferred.
- Computer literacy; the ability to use and learn appropriate software and websites.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
This Job is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Innovative – a self-starter, able to multi-task and willing to research and implement new technologies
- Detail-Oriented – demonstrates strong, clear writing and editing skills and can stay organized in a busy office setting with frequent interruptions
- People-Oriented – enjoys working in teams and has strong interpersonal, customer service, written and oral communication skills
- Dependable – handles confidential information in a discreet manner and can organize, schedule, and conduct meetings as necessary
BusinessView all jobs at Newman University
Get fresh Administrative Operations Coordinator jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.