Location: Santa Clara, CA
Reports To: District Sales Manager
Want to work with a product you love? Yankee Candle is seeking individuals who are passionate about home decor and fragrance. We characterize our team as a band of energetic, innovative, and avid retail and brand enthusiasts who care deeply about their work, work hard to get the best possible results, and value our people and their development.
The Retail Store Manager will be responsible for the management and leadership of an assigned Yankee Candle Store. This includes overseeing a staff of 4-10 employees (depending on store volume) to achieve sales, organization, guest engagement, and profitability goals.
The successful candidate will be a proven leader with the ability to effectively communicate and execute business objectives, aligning their team to drive for results.
- Drive store sales and profitability plan to meet or exceed sales revenue to budget. Maintains current knowledge of product, merchandise, store policy and company information in order to provide high quality and informed guest service.
- Ensure adequate staffing through consistent recruiting and networking efforts, including hiring, training, and developing a sales-orientated team.
- Supervise, teach, and coach staff, demonstrating exemplary guest service standards in the store per company best practice.
- Responsible for all visual presentations and standards by ensuring the effective implementation of all visual direction with urgency and proper planning.
- Ensure that total presentation and display of merchandise is impactful, customer focused and maximizes sales, and that company standards are being followed including plan-o-grams, cleanliness, marketing/signage and sales promotions.
- Handle both positive and negative human resource-related issues including completing annual and introductory performance appraisals, addressing employee concerns, coaching, documenting, praising/rewarding, and disciplining as necessary.
- Control expenses through the proper use of the labor model, proper scheduling, inventory results achieving targets, and monitor controllable expenses that impact the store's bottom line profit.
- Maintain store facilities to ensure safety and security for all guests and staff, utilizing the tools provided to identify and resolve issues that may arise.
- Prepare cash reports and merchandise orders, using a computer to process information and transactions.
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent experience.
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to sell products, providing superior guest service and engagement.
- Previous experience in a retail sales environment with increasing levels of responsibility and strong business acumen in general retail practices and procedures.
- Ability to use a computer terminal to process information and transactions required.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead/direct, coach and train others in a retail setting, and the ability to relate well using communication, interpersonal, diplomacy and related skills.
- Experience in a specialty retail environment required.
- Flexibility in work schedule is required including the ability to work extended hours, weekends, and holidays as operational need may require.
- Ability to travel and work shifts in other stores in the district as necessary is desired.
- 3 years supervisory/management experience in a retail sales environment or similar fast paced, guest service environment preferred.
This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the incumbent and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for success nor does it represent a contract between the incumbent and YCC. Duties and responsibilities may be changed with or without being reflected in this written format and with or without prior notice to the incumbent.