Position Title: Key Account Manager
Location: Bentonville, AR
Reports to: National Account Manager
This position is working with Director
and/or NAM on all product categories with ownership of specific existing
business/buying teams and relationships in addition to a focus on business
delivery and the key point person between Newell Brands and Walmart.
Key Account Manager (KAM) is responsible for managing the customer/category day
to day operations while delivering sales and profitability targets for their
account base. Maximize the availability of our products in the appropriate
channels of distribution consistent with our brand strategy with an emphasis on
superior new product execution. Execute consumer and shopper driven strategies
for their customers that enable Newell to achieve best in class results.
Utilize leading edge data, information systems, and metrics around financial,
brand, and shopper trends to maximize market share, sales, and profits through price
optimization for Newell Brands and our customers. Build customer relationships
at the buyer and senior buyer levels and facilitates connectivity in other
functional areas including Marketing, Supply Chain, Finance, and Operations.
Deliver results while maintaining the highest level of integrity. Foster an
environment that generates breakthrough ideas and lead a collaborative and open
organization that lives the values of Newell Brands.
- Deliver sales and profitability targets.
- Build customer relationships at thebuyer level and facilitates connectivity in other functional areas.
- Executes consumer and shopper drivenstrategies for their customers.
- Use data, information systems, andmetrics around financial, brand, and shopper trends to maximize marketshare, sales, and profits.
- Lead process for managing trade spends/customerprograms in collaboration with trade and finance through management ofinternal TPM system for selected businesses.
- May provide analytical and presentation support for NationalAccount Managers on larger accounts.
- Support Director and/or NAM on development andexecution of Walmart go-to-market strategy while owning and building therelationships with the customer buying team.
- Lead theBusiness Segment on the needs of the Customer.
- Develop and executeCustomer & Category Strategic Development and annual operating plan.
- Negotiates and manages trade funds to create customerand company value by consistently measuring and enforcing trade terms andidentifying opportunities for improvement.
- Works with demand planning to develop accurate salesforecasts and achieve specified levels of forecast accuracy. Monitors thecompetitors' brands and products as well as our market share, competitormarket share, and target market share to understand shopper trends andopportunities and communicating to appropriate sales, brand, andfinance.
- Collaborates with sales planning to provide andexplain relevant market data to the customer.
- Works with sales planning to implement methods thatassist our customers in effectively and creatively winning with consumers,shoppers, end-users, and purchasers through promotions, packaging andmerchandising.
profitability and meet customer, shopper, and Newell Brands targets.
- 5+ years successful sales and/or trade experience
- Persuasive/ Sales Ability / Negotiation Skills
- Experience with a minimum $10M book of business
- Background in dealing with selling "the bag" ofmultiple brands across many categories
- Initiative & follow-through
- Solid analytical skills and acute attention todetails
- Strong project management skills
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic andexceptional drive for results
- Advanced skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, andPower Point
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to lead cross functional team
- Excellent written and verbal communicationskills; must be able to present data in an organized manner
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks andassignments simultaneously
- Conflict Management/Composure; TechnicalKnowledge