Position Title: Finance Analyst, Learning &
Reports To: Senior Manager,
This position reports to
the Senior Manager, Supply Chain Finance, for the Learning & Development
Segment, and will partner with the sourcing, operations, and supply chain teams
to drive profitable growth for the business. This role will help support the operations
forecast and estimate process, the month-end, quarter-end and year-end close
process, budgeting, capital expenditure reporting, excess and obsolete
inventory calculations and reporting, and special projects. The applicant
should be comfortable working in a fast paced, flexible environment. The
ability to work across teams effectively is critical to the success of this
position. This role has potential for expanded responsibilities and an
opportunity for development and growth within the organization.
- Manage month-end closeactivities for other cost of goods sold lines of P&L including journalentries, accruals, and reconciliations
- Provide month-end reporting,variance analysis, and presentation support for results explanations tooperations teams, business leaders, and corporate stakeholders.
- Support both internal andexternal audit requests
- Assist with the monthly operationsforecast process, including projecting variance accounts and distributionand transportation expenses
- Assist with building the annualoperations budget
- Work with the department tosupport the implementation of new processes and process improvements asneeded including documentation of processes and procedures.
- Complete other ad hoc analysisand requests as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Accountingor Finance
- 0-2 years of relevantexperience in Accounting/Finance (or applicable internship experience)
- Ability to problem solveautonomously
- Detail oriented and strongattention to detail
- Highly organized and able towork in a fast paced environment
- Strong written and oralcommunication skills
- Possess a thoroughunderstanding of financial statements and relationships between the incomestatement, balance sheet, and cash flow statements
- Cross-functional teamworkexperience
- Strong PC skills andproficiency with various applications; MS Access, MS Word, MS Excelrequired
- Strong SAP andOracle/Hyperion/Essbase experience a plus
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal OpportunityEmployers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.