Position Title: Assistant Key Accounts Manager - Marmot
Location: Rohnert, California
Reports to: Wholesale Sales Manager
Newell Brands is a global marketer of consumer and
commercial products that touch the lives of people where they live, learn, work
and play. We are committed to building consumer and commercial brands that
matter while leveraging the benefits of being one company: shared expertise,
operating efficiencies, and a culture of innovation.
leveraging Company and Vendor sales and inventory analytic tools, the AKAM helps
Sales Team to analyze brand partners' inventory position, drive reorder
business and provide critical sales analysis for the management team.
the position supports the execution of strategic marketing initiatives within
the account base to maximize sales and sell-through. Analytics of these campaigns will be
integrated into sophisticated account business plans. The AKAM is a key supporter
of the wholesale sales team. This role supports Sales Team in ensuring plans
are executed and thoroughly communicated throughout and within all
The AKAM helps with developing, implementing and
executing sales, marketing and communications programs to drive and support
each assigned NBTA brand's business with key wholesale retailers.
The AKAM must be a strong retail business and
marketing leader. The position
contributes to the growth and profitability of NBTA through supporting the
execution of sales and marketing projects and programs that drive brand
awareness, sales insistence and ultimately sell through with our key retail
- Works closely and collaboratively with SalesManagers and Key Account Managers.
- Supports the selling of products, keyinitiatives and marketing programs that allow NBTA to achieve the plan with thewholesale dealer base.
- Applies thorough understanding of sales plans, account,internal structure and resources to resolve quality and logistical problems andother customer service issues in order to satisfy particular Key Accountrequirements.
- Assists with the forecast of production buy plansbased on knowledge of the account's historical sales.
- Applies sales and inventory analytics to drive inseason revenue with Key Accounts and consistently meet or exceed sales andgross margin targets.
- Builds and maintains seasonal assortments of drop shippartners.
- Develops and own sales analytics reports using Vendorportal data (sell through) and NBTA analytic resources (sell in) for all KeyAccounts.
- Ensures purchase orders are effectively initiated andtracked. Monitors orders and logisticalproblems. Communicates problems tobuyers in the event of a delay or shortage.Develops and works with internal partners to negotiate creativesolutions. Creates monthly and at once sales reporting for the NBTA managementteam.
- Schedules and may attend both on site and off sitemeetings with key accounts.
- Willingness and ability to preparesportswear and outerwear for presentation to Key Accounts, including steamingand ironing.
- Coordinates samples and marketingmaterials for Key Account meetings.
- Coordinates and may present seasonal line showings.
- Works with inventory planning to monitor reorder ratesto determine production needs and capture in season business and lostopportunity sales.
- Supports sales team in capturing and recording lostopportunity sales.
- Assimilates key account wholesale data to present toNBTA Category Managers in support of trend and market need information.
- Reviews weekly sales and monitors order status anddelivery.
- Generates top level and detailed monthly reportsanalyzing business and demonstrating results of current initiatives.
- Maintains flow of information with accountmerchandising team.
- Supports special production projects alongsidedivision/brand production and inventory teams.
- Partners with Dealer Services to communicate, execute and measurekey account initiatives.
- Follows accounting processes for accurate budget tracking andtimely payment of invoices.
- Actively manages professional development.
- University or four-year college degree in Business orSales and Marketing, or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience in wholesale sales andmerchandising, preferably in the active - outdoor apparel industries withspecific expertise in sportswear and outwear
- Skilled at working with Key Account to assort collections ofsportswear, outerwear and equipment
- Comfortable at confronting and overcoming objections
- Practicalknowledge of related functions including production, inventory planning,dealer service and distribution
- Proven ability to develop and execute successfulbusiness strategies with retail partners
- Understanding of customer and market demands andability to leverage analysis and insights to fully realize opportunities in themarket
- Stronganalytical, communication and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and abilityto work successfully with a variety of people
- Abilityto manage and lead change
- Highlydriven, self-motivated and capable of working without significantsupervision
- Flexiblenature with the ability to react quickly and sometimes creatively to businessneeds
- Self-Starter with the ability to set and achieveindividual goals while working as part of a team. Takes ownership of the details and recruitspeers as needed to share in the process and success.
- Excellentorganizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects
- Provenability to work in a fast paced and evolving environment
- Willing to work long hours and weekendsduring preseason selling periods
- Proficiencyin all Microsoft programs
- Knowledgeof data base software preferred
- Adobe product experience preferred
- Proficient with use of company's Intranetto analyze account business and territory sales
- Apassion for the Outdoor Industry and Travel / Adventure a plus
- Ableto travel a minimum of 20-30% of the year
Newell Brands Technical Apparel (NBTA), a division of
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL), is a globally-recognized designer, developer,
marketer and retailer of high-performance technical apparel and equipment with
a portfolio of brands that includes Marmot and ExOfficio.
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal OpportunityEmployers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.