Senior Software Engineer (AWS, React, Node)
- Posted: over a month ago
Are you ready to make a difference? Have the opportunity to join a software company that is creating a personalized nutrition platform that improves health and wellness. Be a part of a dynamic, experienced team in a fun, fast paced, learning environment.
GenoPalate is looking for a highly talented individual who enjoys working as a team to create word class solutions for customers in a very collaborative work environment. This position offers a strong software engineer the opportunity to work with our product organization and customers to develop GenoPalate’s solutions to help our clients with their health and wellness journey.
As the Senior Software Engineer who is passionate about shipping code, you will provide software solutions in an Agile environment. You will be part of a high-performance organization developing applications to support internal and external customers. This is a great opportunity to participate in the development of dynamic, state-of-the-art Web and mobile-based software applications utilizing cutting-edge technologies. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting our mission.
The Senior Software Engineer must subscribe to a highly disciplined Agile-based and test-driven development methodology, be attentive to detail, and be focused on the delivery of highly reliable and available applications. Technologies involved include React, React Native, Node, AWS, and Postgres. Diverse interest in technologies will help qualify and differentiate candidates.
- Participate in daily standups
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Product Designers to review, elaborate, and document system requirements (including user interface, functional, and non-functional requirements)
- Design and code software components, units, and modules that meet product specifications and development schedules
- Provide technical leadership and coach and mentor lower-level developers while ensuring that all testing and review activity is properly carried out
- Analyze functional and system-level user stories, tasks, and issues and implement maintenance, rewritten, and new features
- Perform a variety of complicated tasks with a wide degree of creativity and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Work with other developers and product managers to solve critical problems and identify efficiencies in implementing technical and functional requirements and tasks
- Work closely with product owners, stakeholders, business analysts, project managers, and other development teams to define the requirements and to create quality code. These stakeholders will be a mix of internal and client team members.
- Participate in peer code reviews
- Regularly research and applied new technologies and methodologies
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related, equivalent experience
Successful track record as a senior software engineer for at least 1 serious product with significant production customers
Demonstrated ability to regularly research and apply new technologies and methodologies
5 years of experience with multiple software programming technologies including significant web-based application development experience, and related technologies
5 years of experience architecting, designing, and implementing enterprise-class web-based software solutions that are delivered to external customers
Experience with React, React Native, Typescript, Knex/Objection, and other modern frameworks and technologies
Experience in integrating with eCommerce APIs such as Shopify or ReCharge
Competent with databases such as PostgreSQL or MySQL, including SQL database design
5+ years of experience with one or more object-oriented programming languages
4+ years of AWS experience (VPC, EC2/ECS compute services, lambdas/serverless, security, etc.)
2 years of experience with mobile platforms
Prior working experience leading teams using Agile methodologies, especially Kanban, and working closely with product owners and stakeholders
Strong innovative and analytical ability with implementation experience as a results-oriented, collaborative self-starter who has the ability to move into a leadership position
Experience with large-scale software development projects
Experience selecting, implementing, and using a wide variety of tools and techniques
Testing experience with Functional Testing, Security, Integration Testing, System Acceptance Testing, and User Acceptance Testing phases
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?