Cloud Engineer (AWS)
Newance Milwaukee, WI
- Posted: over a month ago
Are you ready to make a difference? Have the opportunity to join a healthcare software startup that modernizes the delivery of care to patients through workflow optimizations, analytics and telehealth-based solutions. Help EmOpti develop innovative solutions to transform healthcare to be more efficient, safe and affordable. Be a part of a dynamic, experienced team in a fun, fast paced, learning environment.
EmOpti is looking for highly talented AWS Cloud / DevOps engineer, you will be focusing on the day-to-day tasks of managing and maintaining AWS environments and will be hands-on involved with designing, deploying, patching, documenting, and supporting AWS Infrastructure and developed software. Candidate will also research and develop build and deployment automation tools and must be comfortable working in an agile environment.
Candidate must have strong leadership, communication and technical skills as well as the ability to work well in a team environment. This position offers a customer-focused individual the opportunity to understand internal and external customer needs, design solutions that meet market needs, and lead the creation of world-class solutions.
- Implement Infrastructure as Code with CloudFormation and Terraform
- Design, create, and document cloud architecture diagrams and cloud policies
- Advanced hands-on skills operating in Linux
- In depth knowledge and experience with core AWS Services: CloudFormation, EC2, ECS/ Docker, ELB, AWS CodePipeline, AWS CodeDeploy, AWS CodeBuild, DynamoDB, RDS, S3, CloudWatch, Lambda, IAM, etc.
- Improve IaC development and test automation processes through CI/CD pipeline (GitHub, AWS CodeBuild, AWS CodePipeline, Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.)
- Develop and configure tools for more productive Operations (build, deployment, performance, monitoring, and stability tools)
- Drive continuous improvements in deployment, management, and monitoring of infrastructure and applications.
- Manage and maintain multiple environments, ensuring that these environments are properly setup, configured, available, and HIPAA compliant
- Solve live performance and stability issues and prevent their recurrence
- Deploying, automating, maintaining and managing AWS cloud-based systems, to ensure the availability, performance, scalability and security of productions systems.
- Ensure systems, containers, images and applications are patched and scanned for vulnerabilities
- Work on DevOps processes and tools supporting agile application development teams leading to continuous integration, test, and deploy methods.
- Assist with application integration and troubleshooting in this Infrastructure for a complex application environment, including management of dependencies on services, platforms, and other applications within the cloud Infrastructure.
- Exposure to Performance testing /tuning, monitoring, and troubleshooting tools
- Assist in implementation of security best practices and initiatives at all levels of the Infrastructure.
The Right Fit:
- 6+ years of software engineering/DevOps
- 4+ years of experience working in AWS
- Strong knowledge of scripting and automation tools and strategies
- Experience writing code to automate the management of IT/Infrastructure services
- Proficient in using containerization technologies: AWS, Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with source code management: Git, GitHub
- Knowledge of source code branching strategies and continuous integration
- Knowledge of tools for building CI/CD pipelines such as Gradle
- Knowledge of configuration and orchestration technologies: Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible, CloudFormation, Kubernetes
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical cross-functional teams
- Hands-on working experience with implementing configuration, build, deployment and release management best practices
- Creating documentation for application configuration and procedures
- Healthcare IT experience are a plus
Education and Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor's/Master's degree or equivalent work experience.
- AWS Certifications are a plus
TechnologyView all jobs at Newance