You will conduct environmental studies and create documentation for various infrastructure projects.
What you will be doing as our Environmental Scientist - NEPA Lead:
- Develop proposals for NEPA projects
- Lead NEPA environmental assessment and remediation projects
- Review project requirements and implement necessary project steps to be in compliance with environmental regulations under NEPA
- Collect and analyze social, economic, and environmental data to be used in analyzing project impact and recommendations
- Prepare NEPA documents, including Categorical Exclusions (CEs), Environmental Assessments (EAs), and Environmental Impact Statements (EISs)
- Prepare reports and regulatory permits and approvals in compliance with environmental laws
- Create and implement public involvement activities, including developing public involvement plans, and creating materials for communicating project information to the public
- 4+ years experience with all aspects of NEPA projects, including proposal and report writing and project implementation
- Established knowledge of state and federal environmental regulations and guidelines
- Proficiency in technical writing of environmental documents
- Experience with public involvement and outreach
- Availability for 30% overnight travel
- Bachelor's degree in science, geology, or related engineering is required
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits - medical, dental, vision, 401k and more!
- Fantastic work environment
- Other cool perks!