Part time Maintenance employee
NewBreak Management/LOFTS at First National Vicksburg, MS
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Part time Maintenance employee wanted for Newbreak Management Company!
Newbreak Management Company is located in Vicksburg, Mississippi and manages properties that are both business and residential in nature. The requirements of this job will mainly revolve around the apartments and the general property maintenance.
Compensation range is $11.50 - $15.00 per hour, depending on skill and experience.
This position initially will require the following:
- Part time commitment to two or three 8-hour days per week.
- On call for emergency availability one or two weekends out of the month (This is after a three-month period of becoming acclimated with the property, staff, residents.
- Emergency Calls pay minimum per diem of two hours double time and an hourly rate after that. (Ex. An emergency call takes fifteen minutes to solve and confirm; the pay rate would be two hours of double time.)
Responsibilities of the position will consist of, but will not be limited to the following:
• Must be friendly and outgoing with a positive attitude
• Confidentiality is VERY important, must be trustworthy.
• Must be able to perform all duties as directed by the Maintenance Manager to include, but not be limited to, repair or general maintenance work of facilities, buildings, grounds, units and equipment including, but not limited to, electrical, carpentry, plumbing, masonry and paint, providing janitorial services and other normal maintenance tasks. Will also maintain the appearance of the buildings (interior and exterior), walkways, refuse areas, parking lots and other common areas. Responds to and completes work orders in a timely manner. Will perform other maintenance duties while also assisting with small projects such as mixing and pouring cement/asphalt, repairing leaking pipes, exterior painting, etc. (guidance on these things and others are available from multiple sources within Newbreak Management)
• Perform preventative maintenance work of facilities, buildings, grounds, units and equipment, to include pool care, air conditioner filter/coil cleanings and drain flushes, spraying property perimeters for weeds/bugs, etc.
• Maintain and build repair skills, to a point of being capable of being on call for minor emergencies that impact habitability of a space, or will cause damage and/or economic loss to the building or resident. (Putting portable air conditioners in spaces, repairing air conditioners/refrigerators or swapping them out if a repair isn’t feasible, running a drain snake, having or gaining the knowledge to stop a water leak and other minor repairs, etc.)
• Responds to emergency calls from the Maintenance Manager or Property Manager.
• Must be responsible, reliable, detail-oriented, and take pride in doing quality work.
• Must have ability to follow specific verbal/written instructions. Self-Motivation is highly necessary
• Must have ability to work independently with limited supervision and in various weather conditions.
• Must possess a positive attitude and willingness to address residents in a courteous and respectful manner. Also communicating with other personnel regarding the task flow required to maintain business and tenant satisfaction in the apartments.
• Must have ability to safely operate a variety of hand/power tools, equipment, vehicles and supplies such as (but not limited to) grinder, sander, drill, saw, etc. Minor mechanical repairs such as: door knobs, handles, locks and closers, garbage disposal repair, water heater repair, replacing lightbulbs/light kits.
• Must be able bodied and physically fit in order to accomplish all tasks noted on this Job Description and other task required by the property. Ability to work or stand for prolonged periods, work accurately but quickly, and assists in moving equipment and furniture as needed.
• Must be willing to adhere to workplace safety and safe lifting/handling procedures as well as safe roof work. Being aware of when and how to use proper safety equipment. (Ex. harnesses if working on ladders near edges, gloves, goggles, lifting equipment, etc.)
• Must be able to lift, carry, push or pull 75 pounds multiple times to head height. Must be able to climb stairs, ascending or descending ladders and stairs, in addition to using feet, legs hands and/or arms.
• Must be punctual in reporting to work, good hygiene, appearance, and a positive relationship with residents is key as appropriate for the job. Good attendance is mandatory.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Please submit resume in confidence with contact information. No phone calls please.
Newbreak Management Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background checks. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis covered under applicable law.
NewBreak Management/LOFTS at First National
Newbreak Management Company is located in Vicksburg, Mississippi and manages properties that are both business and residential in nature.
1301 Washington St. suite 2Vicksburg, MS
Real EstateView all jobs at NewBreak Management/LOFTS at First National