Buyer - Purchasing Agent
NewAge Utah American Fork, UT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Who We Are and What We're About
We're in the business of transforming lives.
We believe that everyone has infinite potential to do more, see more and be more, and we're passionate about helping you unleash yours. Maximizing your success is how we measure ours ' when you win, we win.
Disruptive by Design
NewAge is the global leader in social selling and purpose-driven distribution, powered by people with a passion to transform their norm and pay-it-forward. We crowdsource innovation as our community leverages its voice and influence in a disruptive new way, with input on the products, the rewards, and the overall direction of the company.
The NewAge Experience allows people to live differently, with a one-of-a-kind line of ultra premium products and better-for-you brands that are scientifically advanced, high-impact and in demand. We offer a carefully curated and sustainably sourced marketplace featuring three distinct categories ' health and wellness, inner and outer beauty, and nutritional performance ' to help everyone live their best life.
Our full-spectrum transformation message, mobile-first mentality and dynamic new business model allows the Representatives we partner with to optimize their mind, body and spirit, diversify their income streams, amplify their journey, and increase their flexibility, all while experiencing an elevated standard of living.
About the Role
As a Buyer / Purchasing Agent for NewAge, you are responsible for the planning and purchasing of raw ingredients to support NewAge global supply chain. Your strong communication skills are essential as you interact with both customers and vendors. You locate and set up new vendors and evaluate quotes and services to determine the most desirable suppliers based on quality, cost, and delivery. Your interpersonal skills assist you in fostering and developing strategic supplier relationships that provide cost-effective, high-quality products, services, and long-term continuity.
You complete item system management by keeping inventory organized and documents up-to-date. To ensure that NewAge is delivering value to the customer, you continually review, monitor, and improve purchasing requirements and processes. Working with Marketing and Operations Life Cycle, you help facilitate product rollout as well as discontinuances/phase-out timelines. As a Buyer for NewAge, you are essential to our success!
What You'll Do
- Locate and set up new vendors as needed.
- Good organization skills and the ability to solve practical problems.
- Work effectively with New Age Brand Managers, Product Development, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Creative, Regulatory, QA & R&D to effectively manage & deliver on new and existing projects.
- Foster and develop strategic supplier relationships that provide cost effective, high quality products, services, and long-term continuity.
- Evaluates vendor quotes and services to determine the most desirable suppliers based on quality, cost and delivery.
- Continually review, monitor and improve purchasing requirements/processes to ensure New Age is delivering value to the customer and improving the team's performance.
- Works with Marketing & Operations Life Cycle to help facilitate product rollout as well as discontinuances/phase-out timelines.
- Must be able to maintain a professional attitude at all times, particularly when dealing with people in complex and stressful situations.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor's degree plus 1-3 years related experience.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral), good problem solving skills, analytical and decision making skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Working knowledgeable of MRP and/or DRP systems.
- Must be proficient in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- APICS or ISM certification preferred as well as experience with ORACLE Software.
- Do you have strong verbal and written communication skills? Are you efficient and able to multitask? Do you have good problem-solving skills? If so, you may be perfect for this Buyer / Purchasing Agent position!
The typical schedule for this position is Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive Salary of $50,000-$55,000 depending on experience
- Full medical, dental and vision package to fit your needs
- Life Insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid sick days
- 401(k) matching
- Paid Maternity (8 weeks) and Paternity Leave (4 weeks)
- 12 paid holidays each year
- Free and Subsidized gym memberships
- Raise potential
- Free product
- Potential for stock options
If this sounds like the opportunity that you've been looking for, apply today!
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
AddressAmerican Fork, UT
BusinessView all jobs at NewAge Utah