The New York Times Advertising department is looking for a well-rounded Senior Graphic Designer to create beautiful and effective visual communication in support of our Creative Strategy team.
The Senior Graphic Designer will oversee the creative development and packaging of advertising opportunities, reporting directly to the Associate Creative Director. The Senior Graphic Designer will also oversee brainstorms, design and production of all visual assets associated with a given campaign at the marketing stage.
This role will exist amongst the larger Ad Innovation and Marketing team, providing a great opportunity to play a key role in the design, development and communication of all new ad products and editorial sponsorships at the Times.
- Work closely with a Associate Creative Director to create visually compelling work that stands out across the industry.
- Produce storyboards, wireframes and mocks necessary to guide storytelling of beautiful, original, and creative advertising experiences for Times readers
- Create visual designs that address business, brand, market, and user requirements, including the design and production of marketing elements, content treatment, and user interface elements
- Ability to work well in collaborative environment with other designers, writers, developers and producers
- Have a great visual and typographic sensibility
- Brainstorm and collaborate with teams in Ad Product, Core Product and Newsroom to visually communicate cross-platform programs and experiences for clients.
- Be confident and not afraid to contribute innovative ideas to shape effective ad experiences across digital, mobile, print and video platforms.
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
- BA/BFA in Graphic Design / Digital Media Design
- 2+ years of marketing / advertising / design experience
- Good strategic, conceptual skills and a solid knowledge of the digital landscape
- Self starter-Ability to work independently as well as in cross-functional groups
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Fluency in the fundamentals of design and detail-oriented
- Strong eye for layout design and typography
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Strong project/time management and multitasking abilities
- Interests in advertising, marketing, media, social media and branding
- Eagerness to produce powerful campaigns and be part of a bigger team
- Ability to prioritize and manage work, adhering to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Fluent in the full Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch and Keynote
- Experience creating wireframes, sketches, UI and final visual design for desktop, mobile and tablet (and all production methods associated with each)
- Strong portfolio showing previous visual and interaction design work
The New York Times is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce, one that reflects the varied global community we serve. Our journalism and the products we build in the service of that journalism greatly benefit from a range of perspectives, which can only come from diversity of all types, across our ranks, at all levels of the organization. Achieving true diversity and inclusion is the right thing to do. It is also the smart thing for our business. So we strongly encourage women, veterans, people with disabilities, people of color and gender nonconforming candidates to apply.
The New York Times Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual's sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status and other personal characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics. The New York Times Company will consider qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local "Fair Chance" laws.
Help shape the future of The New York Times
This is an important moment to work at The Times. Across the organization, we're taking advantage of the changing media landscape to pioneer a new era of journalism. With high-quality, original reporting at our core, we're thinking more creatively about our reader relationships and how to deliver new and relevant offerings and experiences. We're telling stories differently and playing with emerging formats like 360 video and VR. And we're building a diverse and collaborative culture that can keep up with the rigors of the modern-day news cycle.
Home to world-class talent
To create journalism and supporting products that stand apart, we must recruit the finest talent in the world. Journalists, data designers, videographers, agile marketers, art directors, and many others, we're looking for people at all stages of their careers to bring different perspectives and practices to our teams. Together, we can make our journalism more insightful, meaningful and essential to the daily lives and understanding of people around the world.
If you see a job opening here that might be a good fit for you, we encourage you to apply. We offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision plans for employees and their families, health and wellness programs, a 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, paid parental leave and much more.
If you are an active employee at The New York Times or any affiliates, please do not apply here. Go to the Career Worklet on your Workday home page and View "Find Internal Jobs". Thank you!