Summer Internship- Business Analytics and Technology Intern - Transportation, Technology and Workfor
New York State Civil ServiceAlbany, NY
Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
## Minimum Qualifications Candidates with graduate-level coursework in health care finance or policy are preferred, but post-junior level undergraduates with strong writing and analytical skills may be considered.
The qualified candidate should be working toward a bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Information Technology Management, Computer Science, Business Administration, Political Science, Accounting, or similar field. Additionally, preferred candidates should possess:
* Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills;
* Advanced Microsoft Office 365 experience, particularly Excel;
* Experience, academically or professionally, with fundamental business analysis and project management concepts;
* Basic technical understanding of system development lifecycle, SQL and database structures;
* Familiarity with data analytics and data visualizations.
## Duties Description The Transportation, Technology and Workforce Unit in the Division of the Budget (DOB) is looking for a Student Assistant to join the Business Analytics & Technology Section and assist in the development and implementation of various information technology projects within the Division.
Responsibilities of the Technology Section Intern include, but are not limited to:
* Analysis, design and documentation of active IT projects;
* Design and develop data visualizations for various, ad-hoc purposes;
* Perform data analysis and data management to ensure information is accurately presented;
* Coordinate activities that support active IT projects; and
* Work collaboratively across units within DOB and Office of Information Technology Services (ITS). ## Additional Comments To be considered for a Summer Internship with the Budget Division, please complete the Online Employment Application at https://www.budget.ny.gov/resume/ and select "Summer Internship." ## Notes on Applying To be considered for a Summer Internship with the Budget Division, please complete the Online Employment Application at https://www.budget.ny.gov/resume/ and select "Summer Internship."
*Date Posted:* 04/01/19
*Applications Due:* 06/30/19
*Vacancy ID:* 65728
*Agency:* Budget, Division of
*Title:* Summer Internship- Business Analytics and Technology Intern - Transportation, Technology and Workforce Unit