## Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: One year as a Psychologist 1
You must have a master of psychology degree from a regionally accredited college or university psychology degree program which prepares graduates for clinical positions in the field of psychology in a clinical, forensic, community mental health, or school setting. Qualifying degree programs must have included coursework in psychological and behavioral assessment, and treatment modalities for psychological and behavioral disorders; AND you must also have three years of supervised post master's degree experience in a clinical, forensic, community mental health, or school setting, where your primary duties were providing psychological services as described below.*
* A doctoral degree in a clinical field of psychology and one year of qualifying experience may be substituted for both the education and experience requirements above.
* A clinical psychology practicum, externship, or fieldwork assignment, that was completed as part of a qualifying master of psychology degree program, may be substituted for one year of the required experience.**
* A certificate of advanced study in a clinical field of psychology or school psychology may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
*Qualifying experience is considered to be direct experience with individuals, families, or groups in a hospital, psychiatric hospital, psychiatric clinic, community mental health clinic, correctional facility, intermediate care facility, institutional or school setting, or community based residential and/or day program, under the supervision of a doctoral level psychologist, licensed psychologist, licensed physician, licensed psychiatrist, psychiatric nurse practitioner, or licensed clinical social work (or in the case of school psychologists with permanent certification from the New York State Education Department, working under the supervision of a school principal or similar administrator). In order for experience to be considered qualifying, primary duties must have included activities such as administering assessments and tests for diagnostic psychological evaluations or completing functional behavior assessments; developing behavior support plans or writing psychological treatment plans; and/or providing psychological counseling and treatment in one or more of the following areas: mental and/or emotional disorders, cognitive disorders, behavioral disorders, intellectual disabilities, developmental disabilities, alcoholism, addictions, substance abuse disorders, sex offender assessment and treatment, or forensic mental health.
Examples of non-qualifying experience include but are not limited to, experience in experimental psychology, research psychology, industrial psychology, organizational psychology, health psychology, utilization review, guidance counseling, pastoral counseling, or as a habilitation specialist or instructor of psychology.
**A practicum, externship, or clinical fieldwork assignment is defined as a direct clinical experience providing psychological services in a hospital, psychiatric hospital, psychiatric clinic, community mental health clinic, correctional facility, intermediate care facility, institutional or school setting, or community based residential and/or day program; and must have been a component of a qualifying master of psychology degree program listed on the official transcript. ## Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a Psychologist 2 in the Office for People with Developmental Disabilities, the incumbent performs a wide range of professional, administrative and technical duties such as;
* Work with individuals receiving services that present the more complex behavioral and/or mental health problems.
* Provide administrative supervision to lower-level psychology staff.
* Provide and perform professional psychological services.
* Design, develop, administer, score, and interpret psychological tests.
* Conduct psychological evaluations.
* Participate at treatment team meetings and assist in the development of behavioral/treatment plans.
* Participate in and lead individual, family and group counseling sessions.
* Prepare reports and maintain a wide variety of records.
PROMOTIONAL OPPORTUNITIES: Anyone currently reachable on the Civil Service List. PROVISIONAL APPOINTMENTS: If there is not a valid eligible list, candidates who meet the qualifications may be qualified for a provisional appointment: ## Additional Comments Please note:
* Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
* All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
* OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
* Position may be eligible for Loan Forgiveness via the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program:
* For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice ## Notes on Applying SHIFT/PASS DAYS: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM (Includes ? Hour Lunch Break) Flexibility required ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: Please note positions located within the New York City metropolitan area, as well as Suffolk, Nassau, Rockland, and Westchester Counties, are also eligible to receive an additional $3,026 annual downstate adjustment.
Examples of qualifying degree programs/majors include but are not limited to the following: clinical psychology, clinical forensic psychology, community psychology, counseling psychology, school psychology, and child psychology. Examples of non-qualifying degree programs/majors include but are not limited to the following: education, counseling, clinical counseling, clinical hypnosis, community counseling, educational counseling, forensic counseling, guidance counseling, human relations, marriage and family counseling, professional counseling, rehabilitative counseling, school counseling, student and personnel services, mental health counseling, psychological counseling, pastoral psychology, transpersonal psychology, neuroscience, experimental psychology, industrial psychology, and organizational psychology.
Submit cover letter and r?sum? by, April 30,2020. Please reference the Psychologist 2 in all correspondence.
*Date Posted:* 06/10/19
*Applications Due:* 04/30/20
*Vacancy ID:* 70862
*Agency:* People With Developmental Disabilities, Office for
*Title:* Psychologist 2
*Occupational Category:* Health Care, Human/Social Services
*Salary Grade:* 23
*Bargaining Unit:* PS&T - Professional, Scientific, and Technical (PEF)