Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
## Minimum Qualifications Candidates must be in title, eligible for transfer, or reachable on the Civil Service Eligible List for this title. Provisional appointment may be considered. To be eligible candidates must have one year of permanent competitive status in a qualifying title. ## Duties Description POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Office for People with Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) Division of Administration/Property Supports & Emergency Services is seeking a person to work as an Office Assistant 2 in the Emergency Management Office.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Include a full range of clerical duties including but not limited to the following:
* Maintain data within the emergency management reporting software which includes all state owned and operated as well as voluntary programs.
* Compile and maintain data within the Evacuations of Facilities in Disasters System (E-Finds) ensuring compliance with established evacuation tracking and reporting requirements.
* Assist with emergency management plan construction and maintenance through the use of basic clerical skills.
* Track plan updates on an annual basis and assist in the scheduling and maintenance of emergency plan updates annually.
* Type correspondence in final or draft form from the regional emergency management coordinator in response to internal or external agencies.
* Maintain records of emergency management planning committee meetings.
* Track required trainings by staff under the national Incident Management System.
* Track and record food service related matters. MINIMUM ## Additional Comments Please note:
* For CSEA positions: Local Bidding Agreements will be honored.
* In order to be eligible for appointment and to maintain employment, you cannot be listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of the Federal and/or State Medicaid and Medicare exclusion lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program). If you are appointed and subsequently listed as an excluded individual or entity on any of these lists (or excluded from any other Federal or Federally assisted program), you may be terminated from your employment.
* OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
* Employees on long term leave can bid on positions but must be able to report to work within fourteen (14) days and be able to perform the essential functions of their positions with or without reasonable accommodation (RA). If an employee believes that he or she needs a reasonable accommodation, they should contact the NYS OPWDD Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Central Office at (518) 402-7644 or Email at Affirmative.Action@opwdd.ny.gov to obtain information and RA forms.
* If you are employed by state government you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF). The PSLF Program forgives the remaining balance on Direct Loans after 120 qualifying monthly payments have been made under a qualifying repayment plan while working full-time for a qualifying employer. For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice.
* Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter. ## Notes on Applying APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Submit Response to Posting form, cover letter, and r?sum? by July 24, 2019, to: Broome DDSOO Human Resources Office 249 Glenwood Road Binghamton, NY 13905 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 607-770-0528
Please reference the EOA #190724A in all correspondence.
*Date Posted:* 07/10/19
*Applications Due:* 07/24/19
*Vacancy ID:* 71954
*Agency:* People With Developmental Disabilities, Office for