Candidates must be reachable for appointment from the current Civil Service eligible list;
OR for Transfer Opportunity:
Candidates must have one year of permanent service as an Associate Psychologist and be eligible for lateral transfer; OR be in a title deemed appropriate for transfer via Section 70.1 of the Civil Service Law;
For Temporary Appointment:
Candidates must have a doctoral degree in a field of psychology; AND have completed a one-year, full-time clinical internship or traineeship; OR one year of psychology experience in a clinical setting under the supervision of a Licensed Psychologist. Candidates must demonstrate on their application how they meet this qualification. ## Duties Description
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As an Associate Psychologist in the Office for People with Developmental Disabilities, the incumbent performs a wide range of professional, administrative and technical duties such as;
- Work with individuals receiving services that present the more complex behavioral and/or mental health problems.
- Provide administrative supervision to lower-level psychology staff.
- Provide and perform professional psychological services.
- Design, develop, administer, score, and interpret psychological tests.
- Conduct psychological evaluations.
- Participate at treatment team meetings and assist in the development of behavioral/treatment plans.
- Participate in and lead individual, family and group counseling sessions.
- Prepare reports and maintain a wide variety of records.
- Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
- All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
- OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
- Position may be eligible for Loan Forgiveness via the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program:
- For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice ## Notes on Applying
1. Non-qualifying degrees include, but are not limited to the following: education, educational psychology, educational counseling, guidance counseling, experimental psychology, industrial psychology, organizational psychology, student and personnel services, mental health counseling, human relations, etc.
2. Psychology experience in a clinical setting is considered to be any direct care experience with individuals, families, or groups in a hospital, clinic, private practice, or correctional setting under the supervision of a Licensed Psychologist. Qualifying experience must primarily include performing psychological evaluations or assessment tests, psychological diagnostic testing, developing psychological treatment plans, providing psychological counseling and treatment in one or more of the following areas: mental and/or emotional disorders, mental retardation, developmental disabilities, alcoholism, addictions, sex offender assessment and treatment, or forensic mental health.
3. The following experience is NOT considered qualifying: experience in administration, administrative services, administrative oversight, training, special education, behavior specialist, habilitation specialist, project management, research, or primarily supervisory experience. Other non-qualifying experience including, but is no limited to, experience in experimental psychology, research psychology, industrial psychology, organizational psychology, utilization review, guidance counseling, etc.
Associate Psychologist is a continuous recruitment examination. Candidates who are not on the eligible list may apply for this position and if appointed, will receive a temporary appointment. To apply for this examination, candidates must submit a completed NYS-APP form with their resume and cover letter. A NYS-APP form can be obtained by emailing NYS Department of Civil Service: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates appointed temporary must receive a score that is reachable on the resulting eligible list before they can be permanently appointed. Candidates who are found not qualified or who do not receive a reachable score may not be retained.
Date Posted: 06/10/19
Applications Due: 04/30/20
Vacancy ID: 70930
Agency: People With Developmental Disabilities, Office for
Title: Associate Psychologist
Occupational Category: Health Care, Human/Social Services
Salary Grade: 23
Bargaining Unit: PS&T - Professional, Scientific, and Technical (PEF)
Salary Range: From $73284 to $92693 Annually
Employment Type: Full-Time
Appointment Type: Permanent
Jurisdictional Class: Competitive Class
Travel Percentage: 0%
Hours Per Week: 40
From: 8 AM
To: 4:30 PM
Flextime allowed?: No
Mandatory overtime?: No
Compressed workweek allowed?: No
Telecommuting allowed?: No
Zip Code: 13905
Telephone: (607) 240-4786
Email Address: email@example.com
Street Address: Broome-OHRM 249 Glenwood Road
Street: Broome-OHRM 249 Glenwood Road