New York Life in Reno, NV is seeking an entry level, experienced agent, or new college graduate to fill the role of Financial Services Professional (Agent). The Financial Services Professional Agent opportunity allows you to manage your own book of business. As a New York Life Insurance Company Financial Professional (Agent), you will not only manage your own book of clients, but provide clients with insurance options and customer service. You will help your clients prepare for long term financial stability and security.
New York Life is currently seeking self-motivated, driven individuals with a passion for making a positive impact on people's’ lives. Your collegiate experience as a student, a member of student organizations, a leader or a student athlete have given you the skills you need to launch a career in a company with a well-known reputation and resources. Your entrepreneurial spirit and desire for personal growth can take you wherever you want to go, and New York Life can help.
As a Financial Professional (Agent) you will have the freedom to build your network of insurance clients and business associates who are looking for insurance and financial solutions. Many of our Agents started their careers with New York Life right out of college.
Entry Level candidates are encouraged to apply.
Financial Services Professional Responsibilities:
· Schedule appointments and meet with potential clients Make product recommendations to help clients meet their financial goals
· Provide ongoing service and support to existing policyholders
· Be a structured and coachable team player that is open to training development and further education.
· Discipline to be in business for yourself, but not by yourself
Financial Services Professional Requirements:
· 2-4-year degree encouraged. Highly self-motivated and self-disciplined with ability to work effectively with little or no supervision
· Outgoing personality with the ability to develop relationships (i.e., “People Person")
· Fearless, positive attitude and willingness to be accountable for results
· Organized, detail-oriented and excellent time-management skills
· Desire for continuous learning
· Good communicator—excellent listening skills and ability to explain complex information in a simple and concise manner
Financial Services Professional Benefits Include:
· Health/Dental/Life/Disability from day one
· 401(k) plan after one year of service
· Defined Pension Plan
· Continuing education reimbursement reimbursement for industry designations
· Discounts from major wireless carriers Local discounts (based on location) for gym memberships
· Certain eligibility requirements apply. Monthly payments are determined by your earnings, years of service, agent and the form of payment you chose. The Company reserves the right to amend or terminate the plan at any time for any reason.
Here is what distinguishes this opportunity with New York Life:
· Career Advancement - Continue to build your own business or, if qualified, move into management the choice is up to you. Criteria for management are defined and quantifiable. After two years as a successful agent, additional opportunities that may be available include: sales development manager, product consultant, and Home Office opportunities in recruiting, marketing or training.
· Training - NYLIC University: One of the most comprehensive and well-respected training programs in the industry. Constant Support - During and after formal training, you will receive continuous assistance from your manager and peers in your region and across the country to help you succeed.
Ranks #71 on the Fortune 500 list, Fortune Magazine, June 4, 2019
Profiles in Diversity Journal - 2015 Diversity Leader Award Ranks #27 on DiversityInc’s “Top 50
Companies for Diversity” for 2015
Named a “Best Place to Work for LGBT Equality” for 2016 by receiving a perfect score of 100 percent on the 2016 Corporate Equality Index (CEI), a national benchmarking survey and report administered by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation
Job Type: Full-time
Average Compensation Ranges: $45,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year
Job Type: Full-time
Financial growth? Personal satisfaction? Opportunity to advance? You’ll find all that and more as a New York Life Financial Professional. At New York Life Insurance Company, we believe it’s possible to get ahead and do the right thing. This belief shows in how we do business and it shows in the people we partner with as Agents and Managers.
This career isn’t for everyone, but the best Agents and Managers in our company will tell you there’s nothing else like it. Successful Agents at New York Life Insurance Company come from many different cultures and backgrounds. Most have dreams like yours. And life stories nothing like yours. That’s one reason our company is a great place to build your career.
If you're looking for a career where you can grow your own business and make a difference in your community, then let’s talk. We're looking for motivated self-starters who want:
•Comprehensive and ongoing professional training and development
•State-of-the-art marketing and sales solutions
•A vast array of competitive insurance and financial products designed to meet the protection and financial needs of your clients
•A clearly defined career path, including opportunities in Management for qualified individuals.
•Comprehensive benefits, including a defined benefit pension plan,1 and significant earnings potential
Here's what you'll do: As a New York Life Agent, you'll be offering high-quality life insurance, fixed annuities,2 long-term care insurance, and other products for insurance and retirement planning needs. You'll also:
•Develop and implement business and marketing plans
•Prospect for potential clients
• Discuss financial concerns and needs of individuals
•Present potential solutions using our suite of products and services
•Develop your professional skills and knowledge