New York Life Insurance Company is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States. Founded in 1845 and headquartered in New York City, New York Life reported 2017 operating earnings of $2.06 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2017, with affiliates, totaled $586 billion.
New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody’s Aaa; Standard & Poor’s AA+ (Source: Individual independent rating agency commentary as of 8/1/17).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity—the values upon which New York Life was founded—have guided the company’s decisions and actions for over 170 years.
Customer Service – New Business Processing
- Provide excellent day-to-day customer service to agents, clients, and Field Management, either in person, over the phone, or through electronic communication
- Coordinate underwriting requirements by interacting with agents, clients, outside medical vendors, and underwriters
- Assist with workflow of applications for life products, annuities, contract changes, policy billing and initial and downstream accounting entries related to the new business process
- Answering incoming calls, greeting customers and potential agent candidates may be required
- Associates, or Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent years of related experience
- The ideal candidate should have 2 or more years of customer service and administrative experience
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated ability to multitask effectively
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
Training & Development
Customer Service Representatives receive on-the-job training to learn about the insurance industry, product and policy provisions and transaction processing. Coaching and feedback is provided to help you gain the necessary skills to be successful.
This is a full-time, permanent position Monday through Friday. Shift will be 7:30 AM – 4:30 PM (1 hour lunch) during the work week.
Competitive full-time base salary, overtime eligibility plus target bonus
Paid Vacation, Health Care, 401K match, Pension Plan, Tuition Assistance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Student Loan Repayment Program
New York Life offers a variety of corporate opportunities within the Service Organization, including management, quality control, training, underwriting and claims.
Apply for this position now on https://jobs.newyorklife.com/job/Honolulu-Customer-Service-Professional-80583-HI-96801/535871800/