Coordinates, facilitates and assists all 22 families in obtaining permanent housing.
· Conduct an initial housing plan, consisting of collecting information from client within
10 days of arrival to the facility.
· Assists in completing all necessary forms and applications for brokers, real estate
agencies, landlords and apartments.
· Evaluates all 22 cases from the time families enter Freeman Houses Tier II Facility,
monitoring their length of stay and daily activities.
· Facilitates and monitors families searching for housing weekly or monthly to ensure
that residents are actively seeking permanent housing.
· Advises social service staff on missing documents and documentation required by a
resident that needs to be submitted to the city.
· Prepare daily and weekly housing reports for resident’s transitional initiatives with
information regarding housing tours and interviews, inspections, and expected lease
· Completes monthly reports on all families discharged or moved into permanent
· Facilitate monthly housing workshops to inform residents of eligibility criteria for
subsidy programs, prepare for housing interviews, complete rental applications and
sustain permanent housing
· Meet and coordinate with city officials and other agencies on a regular basis.
· Access various outside agencies to assure that families are afforded opportunities to
affordable permanent housing.
· Meets with landlords, management companies and real estate agencies regarding available apartments.
· Meets daily or weekly with the Program Director, Case Manager Supervisor and Case Manager to inform of residents housing status.
· Troubleshoots housing problems and contacts city officials when needed and requested by the Program Director or the Executive Director.
· Conduct daily apartment searches and maintain a spreadsheet of available apartment’s demographics.
· Conducts daily and weekly follow-ups on resident’s transitional initiatives with information regarding interviews, lease signing, rent payments and moving.
· Submits city and state progress reports, when required.
· Coordinates, facilitates and conducts housing fairs where various housing agencies and landlords are invited to speak to clients, linking clients to apartments.
· 3 years’ experience working with the homeless population.
· Ability to orally diffuse confrontations.
· Legible written and interpersonal communication skills.
· Ability to work as a team, interconnecting with fellow co-workers on updated resources for families statuses.
· Ability to perform administrative duties as required through protocol.
· Must have developed personal contact with a city wide network of landlords and brokers.
· Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus.
New York City Recruitment
Why Work Here?An American company that operates as pharmacy chain. It specializes in filling prescriptions, health and wellness products, health information, and photo services.
If you're seeking to work with great people and expand your opportunities this is the company for you.