The NYC Campaign Finance Board (CFB), a nonpartisan, independent agency that enhances the role of New York City residents in elections, seeks an Auditor for its Auditing and Accounting Unit. We offer a dynamic work environment, training, growth potential, and excellent benefits.
Analyze financial records and disclosure statements for financial, compliance and investigative audits of political campaigns. Overtime will be required to complete work as needed.
Perform audits in accordance with Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS) and following internally developed specialized programs.
Manage assigned audit caseload in team structure.
Provide assistance in planning activities of the audit team during the post-election period and coordinating the team’s activities with other CFB units.
Prepare written reports and correspondence that are clear, concise, accurate and timely.
Communicate with campaigns in a professional manner and assist in providing guidance to campaigns on various audit and compliance issues.
- The ideal candidate will be a team player capable of meeting tight deadlines.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- A strong work ethic and meticulous attention to detail.
- Background or interest in politics and government.
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and three years of experience in one or a combination of the following: financial administration, accounting, compliance or investigative auditing, fraud reviews, working with a large public or private concern in budget administration, economics, finance, fiscal or economic research, fiscal management, personnel or public administration, program evaluation; or a related area; OR a satisfactory combination of education and experience in the areas described above.
New York City residency must be obtained within 90 days of starting the position.
Previous experience in performing audits in accordance with Generally Accepted (Government) Auditing Standards strongly preferred.
A master’s degree is not required but will be a plus.
Ability to work overtime when required.