New Wave People Oxford, NY
- Posted: over a month ago
6A - 2:30P
11A - 7:30P
As a Food Service Worker , you will be responsible for serving food to residents and guests, and also keeping the areas where food is served both clean and in good order.
You will also help to prepare the trays for serving.
After each meal, you will help clean the dining and serving areas, and make sure that all equipment is ready for the next meal. You will order various supplies as needed, help put them away, and generally help to make sure that the residents in the Home are fed properly.
Specific Duties Include:
1. Follows Departmental policies in relation to work record, scheduling, and personal appearance
2. Polite communication, willing cooperation, and confident, non-judgmental patient relations
3. Promptly assembles trays for general and therapeutic diets and promptly reports food shortages or malfunctioning equipment and knowledge of poison control.
4. Assembles and delivers fasting and late trays to residents carefully, neatly, promptly, orderly, and makes sure the correct completed tray is as specified by the menu. Also checks resident wristband or name on bed before delivering tray.
5. Prepares all special function foods
6. Maintains work area and cleans equipment
7. Transports food and supplies from the kitchen to the floors and consistently covers, dates, and labels all food containers and checks assigned areas to make sure they are well stocked with supplies through the day.
8. Sets up and maintains the food service area according to established Departmental guidelines.
9. Sets up and maintains the salad and dessert area according to guidelines.
10. Sets up and maintains the belt line area
11. Assembles necessary food, supplies, and equipment for special functions and makes sure equipment is properly cleaned and stored according to Departmental guidelines.
12. Maintains a clean, safe and sanitary work area.
13. Communicates to the Head Cook all maintenance and repair orders as required to ensure safe, effective operation of all equipment
14. Ensures the sanitation and cleanliness of the food delivery carts
15. Ensures that all operations of the dish room are according to Departmental guidelines
16. Ensures prompt delivery of food to the resident service areas and also prompt return of these carts to the dish room
17. Performs special cleaning duties as designed by the supervisor
18. Assists in preparing portioned food items necessary for resident tray service
19. Maintains all storage areas in a clean and orderly condition
20. Complies with scheduling requirements
21. Prepares all nutritional nourishments according to instructions
22. Complies with professional standards of hygiene and appearance
23. Contributes to the development of Departmental policies and procedures and the implementation of cost control procedures, including efficient time utilization.
Dress Code: sneakers, work boots, no open toe shoes black pants and a golf shirt