IT Business Analyst
- Posted: 5 days ago
New Value Solutions, a national IT consulting company, is seeking an IT Business Analyst to help our client provide expertise and external best practice to lead the development of integrated business and process transformation plans for a new project. This role will be responsible for business process re-engineering and business requirements analysis across all phases of the project.
- Leads/Elicits business requirement gathering and analysis from key project and program stakeholders
- Contributes to requirements on RFPs: Documents system business requirements and translates them into technical requirements
- Assesses the impact of the proposed business requirements on the systems and collaborates with 3rd party technical specialists to propose solutions
- Researches solution options as required
- Provides input to cost-benefit analyses on solution options
- Documents current/to-be data flow and process workflow, business requirements in various forms such as business requirements document (BRD), use cases, user scenarios, user stories, service design blueprints, business process maps, functional and technical specifications, etc.
- Ensures documents are catered to the audience and effectively translates business requirements and that documents maintained regularly throughout the project lifecycle
- Conducts process reviews, process improvement and impact assessment due to system changes or new implementations
- 10+ years of experience in Business Analysis
- 6+ years of experience working in a medium to large-sized IT department/organization working with multiple teams of technical staff
- 5+ years of experience implementing SaaS and COTS products in a hybrid of business solutions
- Experience in Business Process Engineering
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal - to clearly explain both the concept and details of new functionality or new processes to business stakeholders
- Ability to work independently in producing project artifacts
- Demonstrated advanced and current IT knowledge
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills
- Business Analyst (ECBA, CCBA, CBAP or CBATL) or equivalent
- The following qualifications are assets but not mandatory:
- Experience as a digital strategist, of implementing data-driven digital service initiatives or of large scale Cloud based digital transformation
- Project Management and/or Change Management experience
- IIBA and/or PMI certification
- Applied knowledge of change management methodology (e.g. Prosci)
- Lean, Six Sigma or Lean Six Sigma (Green Belt or higher)
- Experience in Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN)
- Government Experience
If you have this expertise, and are able to work in Canada, please submit your resume. While we thank all candidates in advance for their application, only those candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted.
New Value Solutions Group Inc.
New Value Solutions is a national IT consulting company with offices in Vancouver, Seattle, Toronto and two recently opened in Italy. We provide IT Staff Augmentation, IT Project Delivery, IT Sustainment and Management Consulting services. Our clients are situated across Canada, US and Italy.