Business Data Analyst
New Reach New Haven, CT
- Posted: over a month ago
As a long-time leader in Connecticut, New Reach hopes to now chart a new path by fundamentally shifting how our community manages and responds to the homelessness and housing insecurity crises. With increased focus on preventing evictions and providing long-term stability for those who are establishing their independence, we believe a true systems change is possible. We imagine a world where the need for shelter is minimal, because individuals and families are able to stay in their homes instead of being evicted and those who are struggling to make ends meet can get the help they need to maintain stability. We inspire lasting independence for all people affected by homelessness and poverty through a continuum of housing and support, using the most innovative, progressive, equitable and inclusive methods.
The primary purpose of this position is to implement and support business information systems across multiple departments. Identify problems and opportunities within the organization and provide solutions that help achieve organizational goals. This position will collaborate with the operational and programmatic departments to develop initiatives and strategies that optimize costs and improve internal and external reporting and processes.
- Model and frame business scenarios that are meaningful and which impact critical business processes and decisions
- Analyze new and existing data analysis systems and make recommendations on methods, software, and techniques
- Recommend ongoing improvements and enhancements to methods, including new software or processes
- Analyze and report on the performance of program and operations metrics to gauge trends, benchmarks, and performance
- Identify improvement opportunities in tools, processes, and policies and work cross-functionally with teams to design, implement, and drive adoption of those changes
- Coordinate with the Data Systems Specialist to create dashboards, reports, and tools that provide visibility into KPIs, adoption/speed of delivery effectiveness, and business trends/drivers
- Support administrative team in analyses including identifying variances in key metrics between programs and operations
- Interact with key business users across the organization to understand their data/reporting needs and requirements
- Act as a resource for team members in translating business needs into quantitative outcomes
- Present findings to the business units by explaining assumptions and validation work in a way that can be easily understood
- Help oversee the implementation of new technology and systems and business continuity and disaster recovery planning and testing.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, ideally in business, data analysis or a related field
- 1-3 years of relevant business experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel, Powerpoint, and Tableau. SQL experience is a plus.
- Exceptional problem solver with the ability to transition between detailed data and high-level insights
- Enjoy working independently as well as within a team environment.
- Be a creative thinker and propose new innovative ways to look at problems or assignments by using data mining
- Strong structured solution skills with ability to break down large and complex problems technical integrations/constructs
- Ability to analyze large data sets and ability to leverage data to influence and gain support
- Must be adaptable to changes in the work environment and comfortable with multiple competing demands
- Must be business focus with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and communications skills to report back the findings in a clear, structured manner are required
- Have a solutions-based approach to presented problems
- Be supportive, engaging and encouraging to peers and staff
- Be adaptable to change and willing to take on more responsibility
- Maintain strict confidentiality concerning any client's or employees' personal information, living information, and/or HIV status
- Provides a commitment to the values of New Reach: Professionalism, Integrity, Compassion and Initiative
- Adheres to all New Reach's Policies and Procedures
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
AddressNew Haven, CT
TechnologyView all jobs at New Reach