Scrum Master Engineer
New Reach Consulting Los Angeles, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $65 to $75 Hourly
- Benefits: dental, medical,
New Reach Consulting, Inc. is seeking a full-time remote contractor on behalf of our client - a top global music and entertainment company. This position is based in Woodland Hills should it go permanent and scheduled to begin now for several months with extension potential.
This role is a scrum master engineer with deep level of understanding in corporate websites and intranets.
In addition to having strong technical skills with prior hands on experience in application development, you must be comfortable in effectively communicating with business end users, technical IT teams, business partners, network providers, and business process outsourced vendors, all while being sensitive to a wide diversity of cultural and technical backgrounds in a global business environment.
The Scrum Master Technical Lead will be the key liaison between executive sponsors and project teams with the purpose to drive requirement elicitation to an agreed solution all within the project scope and budget. The ideal candidate will have a strong business and technical aptitude and know how to proactively facilitate both requirement and design discussions to completion and serve as the subject expert for project team members. The Metadata Project Manager is ultimately responsible for ensuring that the business is satisfied with new software releases at the feature/functionality level.
Role and Responsibilities
The right candidate will provide consulting services to assist our client on their Corporate Investor Relations Intranet Project ("the Project"). The named resource will play a lead role on the Project representing the business and their requirements and collaborating with the IT organization responsible for the system build and delivery. The lead will support the following:
- Leads the Scrum Team using Agile best practices and principles to deliver high quality products and services.
- Gets team to a high performing level by recognizing areas of strength and improvement and implementing changes into development techniques and processes.
- Responsible for ensuring the team adheres to Scrum theory, practice, and guidelines.
- Works with Scrum Team, as well as internal and external stakeholders, to influence and drive decision making and support organizational project or product teams.
- Facilitates and supports all scrum events: Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospective.
- Acts as a technical leader who manages Agile teams assigned to build and maintain our consumer and investor facing websites and internal company intranet
- Exemplifies and promotes Agile values and principles
- Outstanding communication, facilitation, and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of an agile framework or method (i.e., Scrum, Kanban) and strong understanding of software development life cycle models as well as in-depth knowledge of traditional project management principles and practices
- Adept at refinement, story splitting, estimation, velocity, retrospection, and other Scrum techniques
- Planning and problem solving with product management and delivery teams
- Demonstrated experience facilitating meetings at multiple levels of an organization and an understanding of facilitation techniques
- Solid hands on knowledge of all web technologies, especially web services, web applications, Service Oriented Architectures, and network/web protocols
- Experience with headless CMS approach to content management systems where the content repository “body” is separated or decoupled from the presentation layer “head.” Content is delivered via APIs for seamless display across different devices.
- Experience with authentication and authorization technologies a plus
- Working knowledge of Security technology to ensure corporate Intranet is net exposed to outside threats.
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Experience with performance testing
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 5+ years of experience in Scrum Management and Agile
- Previous Technical and/or Development experience
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Demonstrated excellent technical writing skills and project/program management experience
- Multiple language skills a plus.
- Articulate and good communicator
- Delivery, Consulting skills
- Business Acumen
- Business Consulting skills
- Warm and approachable
- Calm in Stressful environments
New Reach ConsultingWhy Work Here?
Great team environment. Office located in great neighborhood. Music Entertainment Company.
We are a provider of talent in the entertainment sector. Our positions are generally 6-12 months long term project based.
21301 Burbank Blvd.Los Angeles, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at New Reach Consulting