New Penn delivers on-time, reliable transportation to our customers and high-quality employment opportunities to our truck drivers. As a Local CDL-A Truck Driver you will load and unload goods at customer locations, docks at the terminals, and other assigned worksite locations utilizing material handling equipment. As one of our Local CDL-A truck drivers, you play a major role in keeping our customers satisfied.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safely operate assigned truck/trailers to transport materials
- Load and unload freight utilizing material handling equipment
- Report truck/trailer conditions and perform inspections on truck/trailers
- Verify truck/trailer ID number to ensure correct truck/trailer is in use
- Communicate with central dispatch for all events
Required Education and Experience:
- 21 years of age or older
- Must hold a valid CDL-A with HazMat and tank endorsements in state of residence
- One year of truck driving experience with safe driving history OR a graduate from an approved driving school
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds repetitively
- Flexible in working various days, shifts, or hours
- Self-starter, ability to work independently
YRC Worldwide, along with all subsidiary companies, are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Our company was built on a tradition of excellent customer service. Working with sister trucking companies, Holland and Reddaway, we provide one-stop freight service throughout the western, midwestern and southeastern parts of the U.S.