New Penn delivers on-time, reliable transportation to our customers and high-quality employment opportunities to our truck drivers. As a Local CDL-A Truck Driver you will load and unload goods at customer locations, docks at the terminals, and other assigned worksite locations utilizing material handling equipment. As one of our Local CDL-A truck drivers, you play a major role in keeping our customers satisfied.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Safely operate assigned truck/trailers to transport materials
· Load and unload freight utilizing material handling equipment
· Report truck/trailer conditions and perform inspections on truck/trailers
· Verify truck/trailer ID number to ensure correct truck/trailer is in use
· Communicate with central dispatch for all events
Required Education and Experience:
· 21 years of age or older
· Must hold a valid CDL-A with HazMat and tank endorsements in state of residence
· One year of truck driving experience with safe driving history OR a graduate from an approved driving school
· Ability to lift up to 50 pounds repetitively
· Flexible in working various days, shifts, or hours
· Self-starter, ability to work independently
Our company was built on a tradition of excellent customer service. Working with sister trucking companies, Holland and Reddaway, we provide one-stop freight service throughout the western, midwestern and southeastern parts of the U.S.