Job Title: Sr. Data Scientist - Senior Program Manager
Job Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Job Type: Contract W-2
Job Duration:12+ months ( possible extensions)
A global, science-led biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines is seeking a Sr. Data Scientist to join their team.
The Sr. Data Scientist will bring a proven track record of delivering value through the leverage of routinely collected data from healthcare settings to provide health analytics and insights in a range of contexts including Public
Health, Pharmaceutical Research and Development and Commercial/ Payer.
Sr. Data Scientist will collaborate with colleagues in Epidemiology, Statistics and Payer, giving scientific and technical guidance on study
design, RW data selection and best practice in RW data utilization.
In addition, Sr. Data Scientist will assist in advancing and shaping Real World Science data strategy through the due diligence on
new data providers/vendors, informatics support for data acquisitions in a range of Therapeutic Areas.
The Sr. Data Scientist will promote best practice in Real World Data Science across multiple domains, and/or stakeholder groups.
• Collaborate with Payer and Epidemiology teams to maximise the value derived from large observational research data
• Deliver analyses of data from EMR, claims and primary observational data required by TA RWE strategies
• Support the development of IVS strategies and selection of optimised contact models for prioritised markets through
analysis of RWD
• Provide scientific guidance on the application of Real World Evidence and observational research data to address issues
across the Oncology and Biopharmaceuticals business units
• Provide technical input, options and directions to strategic decisions made by observational study teams on study
design, data partner selection and best practices in RWE data utilization
• Support technical teams to provide access to analytical tools and develop visual analytics to enable self-serving applications
for end customers
• Provide clear technical input, options, and direction to strategic decisions on RWE platform and capability build
• Provide support for strategic decisions on Medical Evidence and Observational Research external collaborations in the
US and other markets
• Assist in building a capability that becomes a source of sustained competitive advantage in identifying, acquiring,
integrating and mining diverse RW data from multiple geographic and healthcare system sources to support evidence
generation and real-world studies
• Evaluate and assess strengths and weaknesses of external RW data sources, and potential partners for advancing the data
strategy for specific therapeutic areas
• Maintain a strong insight into the capabilities of potential external partners in RWE, especially for US and emerging
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• PhD or MS in data science or other advanced degree in life sciences with post doctoral or other training/work in
Medical/Health Informatics or related field
• Experience in real-world evidence and familiarity with health economics/epidemiology, and quantitative science such as
health outcome modelling
• Expertise in EMR/Health IT, disease registries, and insurance claims databases
• Expertise in clinical data standards, medical terminologies and controlled vocabularies used in healthcare data and
• Experience in supporting pharmacoepidemiology studies with proven track record of advancing approaches with data
• Experience in Statistical Analysis Plan (SAP) generation and execution for observational studies
• Expertise in methods development and application using statistical languages such as R/Matlab/SAS/SQL/Hadoop/Python
• Experience in advanced visualisation and visual analytics of routinely collected healthcare data
• Expertise in data mining approaches within healthcare settings generating insight from routinely collected healthcare data
• A history of patient care or equivalent background of working at a patient care setting that allows the candidate to bring
medical perspective into real-world evidence generation and observational studies
• Demonstrated ability to build long-term relationships with stakeholders at senior levels, understand relevant
scientific/business challenges at a deep level and translate into a programme of informatics activities to deliver defined
• Ability to lead & manage multi-disciplinary data science projects
• Strong track record of delivering large, cross functional projects
• Experience working in a global organization and delivering global solutions
• Use of Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence in the generation of hypotheses within Real World Data
Office: (973) 386-5580 New Millenium Consulting | WBE Certified
As a strategic staffing partner to some of the premier enterprises, our goal is to align world-class talent with our clients' workforce needs enabling them to accomplish their evolving business objectives and improving their bottom line.Integrating High-Touch with High-Tech, our customer-centric approach, unmatched quality responsiveness and tailored technology propriety solutions allow us to provide unparalleled service to our stakeholders.
New Millenium Consulting
New Millenium Consulting LLC
Why Work Here?New Millennium Consulting is a certified Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE) dedicated to providing IT services and employment solutions. For over two decades, our diverse team of experts continue to combine innovative thinking and breakthrough technologies to transform operations and achieve enduring results. As a strategic staffing partner to some of the premier enterprises, our goal is to align world-class talent with our clients' workforce needs enabling them to accomplish their evolving business objectives and improving their bottom line.Integrating High-Touch with High-Tech, our customer-centric approach, unmatched quality responsiveness and tailored technology propriety solutions allow us to provide unparalleled service to our stakeholders. New Millenium Consulting www.nmcus.com (973) 386-5580
Working with New Millenium Consulting was refreshing. They took the stress away from the job search and made it an enlightening experience.