Production Supervisor - Juice and Crushing Facility
The Production Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the crushing facility including but not limited to establishing standards of quality, productivity, food safety and employee safety. The Production Supervisor is also responsible for the management of personnel, maintenance, equipment, raw materials, and execution of the daily production schedule, and oversees bulk product inventory levels to assure the adequate supply of quality product.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Performs but is not limited to the following duties:
Leadership, Management and Production
- Oversees the production team and monitors plant performance to ensure that production goals are met.
- Provides leadership to the production and maintenance team through example and sharing of knowledge/skill.
- Manages the selection, training, development, appraisal, and work assignments of own employees.
- Trains and develops personnel, includes recognizing and assessing employee's abilities to perform the job duties effectively.
- Maintains meaningful records of times, dates, utilization of equipment, etc.
- Collaborates with Director or Operations in maintaining cross functional communication to ensure shift supervisors lead their respective shifts appropriately to meet key performance indicators.
- Collaborates with Director of Operations to organize, plan, and schedule the day-to-day activities of the plant to achieve the daily and monthly production goals.
- Collaborates with Director of Operations to review recorded time for hourly employees to ensure accuracy and justification of the hours expended against product produced.
- Organizes and plans work for timely completion and eliminates excessive overtime.
- Collaborates with Director of Operations to Initiate and execute an organized production schedule.
- Collaborates with Kosher crew manager to ensure production schedules are met.
- Understands and personally evaluates the potential capacities of the equipment (primary and secondary crushing plant and mobile equipment) and makes recommendations and adjustments to achieve daily, monthly, and annual production goals.
- Trains personnel how to efficiently use and maintain equipment to achieve optimum production.
- Plans for regular maintenance and manages breakdown of equipment.
- References instruction/operator/service manuals for the equipment and contacts manufacturers in order to ensure proper maintenance of equipment.
- Trains maintenance mechanics to repair equipment as needed.
- Identifies, confronts, and corrects the misuse of company equipment with employees.
- Supervises completion of all repairs to any equipment with regards to the manufacturer's specifications.
- Utilizes proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet graphics, etc.
- Communicates and works with the maintenance team to ensure maintenance of equipment
- Develops plans that help operations run smoothly and manages production
- Complies with all safety policies, procedures, and established safe practices and ensures that all direct reports do the same.
- Trains, develops, and monitors the safety practices of employees through regularly scheduled safety meetings, one on one development, reminders and disciplinary action, if necessary.
- Follows all requirements listed in the safety policies and procedures including, but not limited to, safety training, emergency procedures, accident reporting and investigation, and employee observations.
- Ensures compliance and training of production staff with all policies and procedures and OSHA guidelines.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area and meets other housekeeping needs as required.
- Conducts regularly scheduled safety meetings.
- Understand that maintaining safety is very critical of all positions within the facility.
- Collaborates with Director of Operations to ensure that staff is educated on all quarry operations and equipment in compliance with all environmental regulations and permits and understands the overall significance and ramifications of non-compliance. Regulations include air quality, water quality, land quality, waste disposal, and others that may apply.
- Prevents oil and grease spills, dumping of waste materials and ensures cleans up of all spills in an approved manner.
- Maintains knowledge of all materials used and possible hazards identified.
- Maintains and operates dust suppression systems as required.
- Maintains water control devices and structures at the site to prevent runoff, spills, and soil erosion.
- Responds immediately to any incident with potential environmental impact.
- Makes recommendations to enhance environmental responsibility.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
BS/BA in business or relevant field and or eight to 5 years in facilities, plant, or production management related field or equivalent. Minimum of five years of experience in fresh cut production environment to include production management/supervisory roles; Any combination of training, education, and/or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job duties successfully and meet business objectives.
Knowledge / Technical Skills:
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Strong ability to manage priorities and workflow and to meet deadlines.Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to develop key manufacturing performance indicators and metrics and promote & communicate to management all critical production data. Strong process improvement background and change management skills. Working knowledge of maintenance trades. Strong ability to manage priorities and workflow with strong ability to meet deadlines.
Extensive knowledge of process controls, product flow, inventory control, quality assurance protocols, equipment optimization and supply chain management. Juice and concentrate production experience is required.
Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
Customer Service Skills:
Politeness, confidence, tact, patience, and diplomacy while dealing with complex and confidential situations. Excellent communication skills and the ability to deal effectively across all levels of the business organization are necessary. Must have problem solving skills. The ability to maintain a professional and courteous relationship with employees & guest. Meet deadlines and possess excellent, project management and decision-making skills.
Spanish fluency is a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is frequently required to stand and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
New Level ResourcesBakersfield, CA
Get fresh Production Supervisor - Juice and Crushing Facility jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.