The Accounting Manager is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. The Accounting Manager supervises 1-2 accounting and office personnel; and is responsible for ensuring that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities. The Accounting Manager will have contact with Owners and senior-level Staff which requires strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
· Responsible for accounting operations of the Company and adjacent entities.
· Participate in the formation and implementation of annual budgets and forecasts
· Provide reporting as required by Senior Management
· Responsible for Dashboard reporting
· Work with project management staff ensuring proper compliance with accounting procedures including reviewing and analyzing job cost estimates and reports monthly.
· Supervise bookkeeping staff
· Prepare special reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends
· Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
· Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close
· Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
· Ensure the monthly and quarterly Bank Compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
· Supports budget and forecasting activities.
· Collaborate with CFO/Ownership, Purchasing and Project Managers to support overall company goals and objectives.
· Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
· Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
· Work with the CFO/Ownership to ensure a clean and timely year-end audit.
· Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
· Support CFO/Ownership with special projects and workflow process improvements.
· Bachelor’s Degree in accounting and/or finance required
· 3 to 5+ years of progressive accounting experience
· Experience in job cost accounting and financial reporting
· 2 to 4 years on Construction Management or General Contracting or Subcontractor industry experience
· Extensive experience with QuickBooks
· Expert in Excel