Lead Product Support Engineer
- Posted: 29 days ago
The Lead Product Support Engineer is responsible for independently applying a broad technical skill set including mechanical design, materials, power transmission, hydraulics, manufacturing techniques, application of sensors, general knowledge of electronics and test equipment, to maintain an existing product portfolio throughout the organization. The position will need to acquire broad product knowledge relating to design, use, and configurations. Leads a diverse team that supports and is liaison between manufacturing and engineering. Travel will be required. This position will be responsible for managing and directing department resources.
- Understands functions and responsibilities of each employee assigned to the position and manages them in all aspects of employment, including but not limited to: Hiring, Performance, Discipline, and Termination / Training, Coaching, Mentoring, Guidance, and Motivation
- Effectively manages employees and/or processes to ensure all responsibilities of assigned employees are met and that each external/internal customers' needs are met in a timely manner.
- Ensures systems utilized by department (i.e. JDE, ADP, SolidWorks, etc.) meets or exceeds needs of all company employees.
- Develops, implements, and monitors progress of short-term and long-term goals for all assigned employees. •Maintains a high level of confidentiality.
- Demonstrates confidence when navigating difficult situations/conversations and advancing ideas.
- Resolves product defects and oversees product improvement requests.
- Verifies and validates product changes and new product releases.
- Serves as a technical liaison to Purchasing, Service, and Manufacturing.
- Maintains product configurations.
Productivity / Job Knowledge 15%
- Provides life-cycle support of existing products.
- Tests and qualifications of new technologies, components, and products.
- Implements product changes and component obsolescence.
- Rolls-out product changes to OEM's.
- Maintains cross functional changes request process.
- Participates in the CPAR process.
- Acquires broad knowledge of NLM product designs and applications.
- Demonstrates a good attendance record; is aware of the impact that missing work will have on the customer as well as co-workers.
- Completes goals/projects on time or ahead of schedule.
- Responds to work assignments and requests by being cooperative and available.
- Follows through and meets commitments.
- Available as a resource to subordinates and/or peers.
- Follows safety procedures, protocols, policies, and adheres to all SAFESTART concepts, and acts when others are not holding themselves accountable.
Act Like an Owner. 20%
- Leads by example and takes ownership in everything you do and or say.
- If you see something, say something and follow through until it's right.
- Treats others with respect and kindness.
Be Interested. Stay Interested. 20%
- Isn’t complacent. Seizes opportunities to learn by participating in activities to increase understanding.
Create Change. Start With Yourself. 20%
- Asks "why", is open-minded, and challenges the status quo.
- Leads and supports changes for the sake of improvement.
Seek New Perspectives. 20%
- Seeks new perspectives from all available sources to challenge your own, and brings them into your decision making process.
- Involves all stakeholders in making decisions. Is open to input from all sources.
Fail Fast. Learn Fast. 20%
- Considers long and short-term outcomes when making decisions.
- Is fearless.
- Readily admits mistakes.
Qualifications and Essential Skills:
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Agricultural Engineering required, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
Minimum of five years of experience in analyzing and providing recommendations on continuous improvements in a manufacturing environment.
Strong CAD skills (SolidWorks preferred).
Strong Computer skills including Microsoft Office suite.
Oral and written communication skills appropriate for working with all levels of the company, customers, and suppliers.
Experience leading and supporting a diverse team.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to sit and interface with computer systems while maintaining a high level of concentration. The employee is also regularly required to stand and walk while performing the duties of the job. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands/fingers to handle or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the office work environment is usually quiet. Employee may be exposed to shop environment while distributing documents to shop area. When on shop floor, employee will be required to wear safety glasses at all times, steel-toed footwear and ear protection when job demands presence in areas outside safety zones and gloves when handling material. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and vibration, and occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the plant shop environment is moderately loud. Position involves working indoors and outdoors with some exposure to weather conditions.
New Leader Manufacturing
AddressCedar Rapids, IA
EngineeringView all jobs at New Leader Manufacturing
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?