Maintenance Technician I - Sign On Bonus and additional week of PTO in your 1st year!
Who we are: Voted one of Milwaukee's BEST PLACES TO WORK, New Land is real estate development firm specializing in mixed-use residential and commercial real estate. This is great place to start and GROW your career!
What we do: We create memorable spaces, focused on user experience, believing that cities thrive when they're diverse, walkable, and culturally vibrant. Recent and current multi-family developments include Urbanite, a mixed-use 13-story high-rise; Kinetik, a mixed-use project that converted a city street into a pedestrian plaza; and Nova, a 251-unit project currently under construction.
Additionally, New Land recently finished completing Ascent (www.AscentMKE.com), which has received international recognition for its pioneering use of mass timber, and at 25 stories is the tallest mass timber hybrid structure in the world. Ascent has been featured in national media like the WSJ, Chicago Tribune, NPR, and PBS NewsHour.
Community projects include Black Cat Alley, a defunct alley turned public arts space, and the permanent placement of the Milwaukee Film Festival in the Oriental Theater, a unique movie theater on the National Register of Historic Places.
Awards we've won:
2021 MBJ Real Estate Award as "Best New Development" for Kinetik, 2021 MBJ Best Places to Work, 2021 Biz Times Small Business of the Year, 2023 MBJ Real Estate Awards "Best Residential Development" and the highly coveted “Project of the Year” for Ascent MKE, 2023 Women of Influence for our HR Director (Ann Shuk), and more!
What we are hiring for: As a Maintenance Technician I, you will be a part of our team that handles all work orders and property maintenance duties and will play a key role in the success of our properties and happiness of our residents.
- Sign On Bonus and additional week of PTO in your 1st year!
- $17-$23/hour, DOE
- Annual bonus
- Split renewal commissions, paid out monthly after a probationary period
- Employment type: Full Time
- Hours per week: ~40
- Shift is typically 7:30am – 4:30pm Monday-Friday. There is a required after hours and weekend on call rotation with the following schedule: 1 week on, 6 weeks off. More information provided by the Maintenance Director.
- Health Insurance, Dental and Vision Insurance, Disability Insurance, generous PTO (paid time off) policy, Life Insurance, 401K matching, employee discounts on housing, wellness benefits, mental health resources, and more.
- Consistent scheduling to support a work-life balance
- Employee engagement events throughout the year
Core Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to carry out detailed oral or written instructions and communicate effectively
- Ability to climb ladders safely and without limitation
- Possess a valid driver's license and ability to drive between properties daily
- Physical ability to move about on foot to accomplish tasks related to the position
- This position will alternate between working indoors in a controlled climate and with proper lighting, to an outdoors setting with variable climate and lighting
- Must be a reliable team player who has the ability to work independently, at a fast pace and will take pride in their work
- Technical understanding of building trades, such as plumbing, electric, flooring, roofing, carpentry and cleaning procedures/practices
- Basic computer skills and experience with Property Management software preferred
- Certifications (such as HVAC) encouraged
- Completing work orders in a timely fashion and following all maintenance processes and procedures
- Tracking time spent at sites in our property management software
- Following a preventive maintenance program and performing routine preventive maintenance
- Tracking and maintaining material and supply inventory
- Overseeing work performed by outside contractors as necessary
- Turning vacant apartments
- Fixing plumbing and electrical problems
- Picking up trash/getting trash dumpsters ready for pickup
- Adhering to customer-service standards
- Maintaining a safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal codes and regulations
- Ensuring all equipment is in good working order and stored properly
- Performing regular property walk-throughs to ensure the quality of the building is being upheld
- Serving as a member of the management team, fostering a spirit of cooperation and team work amongst all departments and communicating effectively with all employees
- Updating job knowledge and competence by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications
- This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive; additional details will be specified by the supervisor. The employee will also perform other reasonable business duties as assigned by the supervisor.
New Land EnterprisesMilwaukee, WI
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.