Field Service Technician Mechanical PLC JD#8
New Jersey Manufacturing Extension Program Bloomfield, NJ
- Posted: over a month ago
- $45,000 to $60,000 Yearly
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, life insurance, medical,
FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN JOB DESCRIPTION
· To support in the installation, commissioning, training, and servicing of furnaces and providing the customer with competent resolutions to all field-related issues.
· To be involved in the final build, pre-commissioning testing and acceptance trials where appropriate either in-house or at the customer facility.
· To provide phone and online customer support.
· To assist with testing during periods of service inactivity.
· To provide Technical training of customer personnel at varying levels.
· To provide comprehensive reporting in both oral and written forms to the Service Supervisor. This includes customer telephone support.
· To ensure that upon completion of a service call that all relevant documentation is up to date and all programs are backed up on the Company database/ server.
· Associates Degree or 1-2 years of vocational-technical training plus 5 + years in a similar role is preferred.
· The Technician will need to demonstrate a high level of competency in mechanical, electrical, electronic and application skills commensurate with the equipment being worked on.
· The Technician will need an understanding of power and control systems, PLC logic, PLC programming, HMI, servo drives, electrical and mechanical systems, and have an ability to diagnose faults and make repairs down to component level.
· Experience with furnace insulation and temperature controllers is a plus, but will train the right candidate.
· Able to work with technical specifications and drawings.
· Experience working with industrial communication networks/protocols (Modbus TCP, PROFIBus)
· Familiar with Microsoft Office products (Word- Excel-Power Point).
· The ability to lift up to 70Ib occasionally.
· The ability to communicate both orally and in writing to a high level is essential.
· The Technician must hold a valid driver’s license and a valid passport.
· A willingness to travel both domestically and internationally and spend time away from home is essential to this role.
· Management of personal expenses is essential.
New Jersey Manufacturing Extension ProgramWhy Work Here?
Growing company with great benefits!
Our client is a New Jersey manufacturer. NJMEP is a private, not-for-profit organization that improves the profitability and competitiveness of New Jersey’s manufacturers. Our goal is to support our clients by finding outstanding direct hire candidates to fill open positions.
EngineeringView all jobs at New Jersey Manufacturing Extension Program