Our company manufactures and distributes numerous OE and aftermarket products for automotive, heavy-duty trucks and other on and off-highway vehicles.
We have been in business for more than 30 years and are expanding our engineering resources to support product development and innovation.
We have manufacturing resources here in the USA as well as sourcing offshore from a core group of suppliers. Product design and ideas are created here in the USA and we decide how we can bring them to market according to their complexity.
The roles we want to fill will help develop, test, and bring to market more new products to the market, as well as supporting our existing products.
Operating between our HQ in NC and our manufacturing site in Newark NJ we are seeking to expand our team with an experienced engineer who has worked the design and manufacture of turn signal switches, lighting products and/or other product applications for trucks and other vehicles.
Extensive mechanical design experience of these types of electro-mechanical systems, as well as mechanical design skills, are required. Understanding the associated electrical aspects and design of systems of current products will also be required.
This position will help drive the design, validation, and testing of products, and be involved in component sourcing as well as the manufacturing processes. Combining this position with our current engineering and technical staff will allow us to remain a major player in this market.
We are looking for immediate hires so if you think this job is a good fit please apply now.
- Design and develop mechanical/electrical systems to integrate into vehicles
- Integration of products into vehicle control systems and wiring.
- Drive a product development process with the technical design of ideas that can integrate into diverse auto manufacturers systems
- Prepare and maintain product layout and detailed drawings and schematics for existing and new products.
- Participate in product testing, analyze test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications. Prepare reports to show the process
- Assist in improving manufacturing processes
- Become involved in re-engineering existing products based upon the needs of the business.
- Analyze research data and proposed product specifications to determine the feasibility of product proposal.
- Coordinates the manufacturing of products and building of the initial prototype.
- Support all areas of Company from Marketing to Sourcing to help maintain global operations.
- Provide support and communication with global engineers, US engineers, contract engineering, and quality assurance to ensure products are fabricated and assembled based on product requirements.
- Use computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering and design tasks.
- Provide technical support to customer service and product application managers.
- Identify areas of improvement and implement new strategies, processes, or ideas.
- Demonstrate a continuous improvement mindset through participation in events and activities that lead to financial gain, time savings, and/or waste reduction for the business.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Hands-on experience in designing and troubleshooting automotive electrical system designs
- 3-5 years of experience in circuit design and manufacturing of associated electrical and mechanical components
- ERP software and Microsoft Office experience preferred.
- Able to travel as needed to visit company locations, customers and suppliers - valid passport