We are a small but rapidly growing boutique bookkeeping firm in Oakland with a strong reputation for our accounting expertise, integrity and customer service. We have 35+ wonderful clients, all small businesses in a variety of industries.
We have the opportunity to grow rapidly with the right person to support us. If you have strong bookkeeping skills, are a team player and want flexible hours, but want don’t want to manage your own clients or business this is a great opportunity for you.
This is a part-time position with room to grow both in hours and level of responsibly as your training and our client-base grows. Hours are flexible, currently estimated at 16-20 hours a week, with room to grow as we grow, split between working mostly remotely and working at Oakland office occasionally.
The work is routine bookkeeping for small business clients using QuickBooks Online, working under the supervision of the firm’s owner. Specific job responsibilities include:
· Maintain multiple client accounts utilizing cloud-based tools (QuickBooks Online, ReceiptBank, Bill.com, Dropbox, etc.)
· General bookkeeping, including recording transactions, bank feed, monthly account reconciliations, journal entries, reviewing receipts, etc.
· Generate reports from QuickBooks and Excel spreadsheets
· Additional higher-level bookkeeping responsibilities such as processing payroll, sales tax returns, journal entries, cash flow forecasting, account analysis.
· Troubleshoot client bookkeeping issues and requests as needed,
· Communicate with clients to request data, follow up on questions, etc.
· Assist owner in establishing and documenting standard procedures and processes
· Note that we do not do tax returns so tax experience is not needed
This is a quiet, kind, and casual work environment, just me and sometimes another staff bookkeeper. But mostly you will work from home. We are very busy during tax time - January thru March are our busiest months, but we still have a full plate all year round.
-A solid knowledge of accounting/bookkeeping principles a must
-A degree in accounting or completion of equivalent courses a plus
-Previous bookkeeping experience with QuickBooks Online required. Not just paying bills or creating invoices, but entering transactions, bank feed, reconciling accounts, and journal entries.
-Must be proficient in Excel
-Ability to work well independently yet also collaborate well; eager to learn, and work with a remote team
-Flexible, organized, attention to detail, motivated, conscientious, dependable
-Good communication and customer service skills
-Good judgment, logic, and ability to learn new things quickly
-High integrity and sensitive to confidential information
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize work accordingly
-Interested in committing to and growing with the firm
Will hire as an independent contractor to start for a probationary period, then can move to employee status.
We will require a background check
Compensation: Competitive compensation based on level of experience
Please send cover letter, resume and 2-3 references
Thank you for your consideration