Lead Veterinary Technician
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
New Hyde Park Animal Hospital is excited to be looking for a new Lead Veterinary Technician to join their fabulous team!
Up to a $5,000 sign on bonus available!
- Provides compassionate care to patients and clients
- Keeps accurate medical records in accordance with hospital policy
- Prepares and maintains the exam rooms and treatment areas
- Performs physical assessments and records observations
- Restrains pets
- Prepares estimates for procedures and discusses financial commitments with clients
- Explains necessary follow up and home care instructions
- Stocks clinic treatment area and exams rooms and informs inventory manager when supplies need to be ordered
- Assists the Veterinarian in medical, surgical, and dental procedures; comfortable with blood draws; prepares patients for surgery; administers anesthesia; monitors patients during surgery and recovery; administers fluids
- Cares for all surgical materials; keeping the operating room properly stocked and prepared for surgery
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Veterinary Technician Certification (CVT) or License (LVT) preferred but not required
- Prior leadership or management experience required
- Must have a positive attitude and be a team player
- Diagnostics (Radiographs, ECG, Blood Pressure, Venipunture)
- Placing IV Catheters
- Administering treatments
- Assisting and monitoring patients during surgery
- Providing emergency and critical care to patients
New Hyde Park Animal Hospital is a progressive, well-equipped hospital. We are a proud part of a family of four practices that are a tight-knit group of people (Garden City Park Animal Hospital, The Cat Doctor, and Mineola Animal Hospital). We practice the philosophy daily to treat every patient as if they were our own pet by providing them with the same love, attention, and care that we give our furry family members. We have a fantastic team – we are a group of highly trained and experienced animal lovers dedicated to giving the best care possible. Our supportive team and practice environment would make this the best workplace for anyone.
A common purpose with an uncommon passion—this is Rarebreed Veterinary Partners. We are a purpose-driven team placing talent first by supporting professionals to thrive in our industry and empowering hospital teams to provide exceptional care for pets and their owners. We pride ourselves on going the extra mile to create exceptional work experiences for all our employees. After all, work should be your happy place! We focus on providing the best culture, tools, and support to our hospitals to allow the staff to focus on what they love most, caring for our animals.
What else do we have to offer?
- At Rarebreed, we provide employees in the veterinary profession with the best work experience by creating and fostering a great culture where you can thrive. We value you and offer a one-of-a-kind, flexible total compensation package that consists of the following:
- Competitive base compensation plus bonus incentive
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- 401K with 100% company match of up to 3%, and a 50% match for the 4th and 5th%
- Generous paid time off to ensure a healthy work/life balance
- Employee Referral Award Program
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability, voluntary life insurance available
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- IDEXX diagnostic fees for personal pets covered
- Personal pet care discounts
- Access to Employee Assistance Programs
- Continuing education time off and reimbursement
- Free monthly wellness meetings focusing on stress & anxiety reduction and mindfulness
- Free online group exercise classes, such as yoga and HIIT (High Energy Interval Training), twice a week, taught by certified trainers
- Free quarterly financial wellness classes to provide guidance in areas such as student loan debt, budgeting, improving credit scores, mortgages, and refinancing.
Employment will require the successful completion of references and background check.
Rarebreed Veterinary Partners provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, national origin, veteran status, and other classifications protected by applicable state and local non-discrimination laws.
Learn more about our career opportunities at: https://rarebreedvet.com/careers/
New Hyde Park Animal HospitalNew Hyde Park, NY
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.