Direct Support Professional / Caregiver - Overnights & Weekends
New Horizons in Autism Inc Ramsey, NJ
- Expired: April 18, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Do you enjoy making a difference in the lives of others?
JOIN THE NHIA TEAM TODAY!
New Horizons in Autism, Inc (NHIA) is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing diverse opportunities to enhance the quality of life for adults with autism since 1980 throughout Bergen, Monmouth, and Ocean Counties.
Due to COVID-19, we continue our efforts to keep our employees, the individuals we serve, and our applicants safe. We are currently conducting virtual and phone interviews and virtual paid training.
Direct Support Professional :
Provide direct care and supervision for individuals with autism in a group home setting and assist in the day-to-day operations of the group home. This is a hands-on role requiring the individual in this position to assist residents with a wide variety of tasks, including but not limited to personal care, medication management, life skills, and providing daily structure and support, to name a few.
What we offer to our full-time employees:
- Raise after 90 days
- Paid Training
- Referral Bonuses
- Tenure Bonuses
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Possible Overtime (not guaranteed)
- Room for advancement (we like to promote from within our organization)
- NHIA is a Non-Profit Organization, which might qualify an employee for the Public Service Federal Student Loan Forgiveness Program
Additionally, for full-time employees, we offer;
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Basic Life/AD&D/LTD (paid for by NHIA)
- Additional voluntary insurance available through Allstate
- Generous Paid Time Off (6 days of sick & 18 days of personal time per year)
What we are looking for:
The individuals we serve rely on you! We are looking for caring, compassionate, dedicated, and reliable individuals who are willing to learn and grow with us and provide the highest level of care and support for our residents and participants. You must have and use sound judgment and tact and effectively communicate with individuals with autism.
- High School Diploma/GED (must provide diploma or transcripts)
- Must be at least 20 years old
- A valid NJ driver's license
- You must pass all background checks, including Central Registry, DMV, Fingerprints, Drug Screen, Physical, PPD.
- Ability to interact appropriately and effectively with persons with autism, solve problems systematically, communicate (written and verbal), and professionally.
New Horizons in Autism Inc
Personal CareView all jobs at New Horizons in Autism Inc