Administrative Associate - Health Services
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Do you have a passion for caring for others? Opened in 1986, New Horizons Village is a welcoming apartment complex, offering adults with physical disabilities the opportunity for self-directed living. We are located on 26 picturesque acres in a quiet residential neighborhood in the Farmington Valley, the Village is just twenty minutes southwest of Hartford.
We are seeing an Administrative Associate for our Health Services Department.
20 Hours - First Shift
* For this position, candidates must be fully vaccinated (including booster) for COVID-19.
- Provide administrative support to the Health Services department.
- Welcomes and direct tenants and visitors, either on phone or face to face, while maintaining confidentiality and HIPAA compliance at all times. Screening when necessary.
- Create and organize calendars, meetings and appointments.
- Perform clerical and administrative tasks including inventory and restocking supplies and first aid kits, drafting letters, memos, invoices, reports, and other documents.
- Maintain administrative files and databases for the Health Services and Village Care departments.
- Book medical transportation rides upon tenant request and maintain an open line of communication with Transportation department.
- Coordinate required reporting for billing, compliance, etc., including NEMT Specialized Transportation Forms.
- Assist in collaboration with Quest Diagnostics to distribute urine specimen supplies to residents upon request as well as arranging pick-up.
- Participate on the PCA Committee and assist in PCA evaluation meetings and related documentation in collaboration with Finance department.
- Provide support to the Health Services Coordinator with assisting residents as well as activity planning/coordination as needed.
- This position acts as a backup Village Care Attendant when necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Health Services Coordinator.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software. Experience using databases a plus.
Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Understanding of clerical procedures and systems such as recordkeeping and filing.
Ability to work independently.
Education and Experience:
Experience working in medical office or medical environment.
CNA or Medical Assisting Certification required.
CPR and First Aid Certificate required within 6 months of hire. Training performed on site.
Experience in an administrative role.
New Horizons Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer. New Horizons conducts pre-employment physical and drug screening.
New Horizons Village
BusinessView all jobs at New Horizons Village