Business Development Representative - B2B Sales
- Posted: September 23, 2022
Position Title: Business Development Representative-B2B
Reports to: Sales Manager
Supervisory position: No
The ideal candidate is upbeat, driven, well-organized, has a passion for technology and is stimulated by working in a fast-paced environment. The Business Development Representative is responsible for representing New Horizons Learning Group and engaging with prospective new clients. This is a high-touch, in person, rapport-building position that requires strong communication skills (both verbal and written), as well as strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a passion to give our clients the personal attention required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meets or exceeds established monthly KPIs.
- Conduct virtual meetings including presentations, webinars and product demonstrations.
- Establish and strengthen new relationships at multiple levels within client organizations.
- Identify and prospect new accounts, channels of distribution and opportunities to develop into new and incremental business.
- Call on prospective customers, build business relationships, create demand, communicate benefits, and prepare proposals and quotes within company guidelines.
- Closes sales by building rapport with potential clients, expounding on the benefits of our solutions and service capabilities; overcoming objections, etc.
- Responsible for the accuracy and completeness of account files including account profiles, order agreements, event requests, and account management tools as developed, using the CRM system.
- Analyze and utilize data for in-depth evaluation of accounts to recognize revenue opportunities and drive sales.
- Establish and maintain high retention rates and high level of customer satisfaction by exceeding customer expectations and by being the primary escalation point and internal advocate for client issues.
- Any other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Self-confidence, positive attitude, solid work ethic and a strong desire to succeed.
- Preferred: 2 + years of successful sales experience in a field sales environment
- Effective closing skills, preferably in business-to-business field sales.
- Demonstrated ability to influence through relationships, expertise, and information.
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to adjust your message to suit the audience.
- High degree of flexibility and ability to adapt to change.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel needed.
- Excellent communication, written, and oral skills.
- Has worked previously with a CRM.
- Has experience in an environment that managed to forecasts and pipelines.
- Has strong sense of business acumen.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors Degree required, or equivalent experience.
- Frequent sitting and/or standing required.
- Constantly operates a computer and telephone with use of hands/fingers.
- Must be able to effectively communicate by means of the spoken word to impart oral information to clients or to coworkers and convey detailed spoken instructions to others accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Must be able to perceive the nature of sounds by ear.
- Works inside, closely with others
- Generally works regular work hours, minimal work after hours
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to noisy
CONCLUSION - INTENT AND FUNCTION OF JOB DESCRIPTION
In accordance with the American with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can quit or be terminated by employer for any reason not prohibited by law.
New Horizons Learning Group
BusinessView all jobs at New Horizons Learning Group