New Horizon Community Care (NHCC) is recruiting for a dedicated, reliable, energetic Full-Time Behavioral Health Technicians for our Therapeutic Group Home in Chandler.
NHCC has Group Homes in the East Valley and West Valley with an average of 7 clients in each home. Our clients are youth who are experiencing emotional and behavioral disorders live at each location and receive behavior management services. Our program for youth range from 9 to 17 years old.
- Front Half (Sunday - Wednesday)
- Back Half (Wednesday - Saturday) *Ask about back half shift differential eligibility.
- Supportive protective oversight of clients.
- Provide behavior management in a consistent manner in accordance with NHCC policy and procedures.
- Enforce and manage daily activities in accordance with the Resident Agreement.
- Supervise and interact in psychosocial rehabilitation; work crews, recreation, social activities, education, etc.
- Ensure that clients receive medications and document accordingly.
- Instruct residents in independent living skills, life skills training, and documents the training provided
- Provide assistance with clients in education.
- Provide safe transportation to Clients. Always adhere to all transportation laws.
- Prepare daily case notes on client’s progress and regression.
- Provide therapeutic services to clients.
- Maintain home in a clean, orderly, and audit-ready status (per Department guidelines).
- Maintain NHCC property (including vehicles, maintenance tools) in a clean and orderly manner.
- Present own self in professionally appropriate attire according to the daily activities planned.
- Ensure all household chores are completed on a routine basis.
- Maintain compliance with all re-certifications, educational, and supervisory requirements to ensure personnel completeness.
- Be a team player. Interact and communicate consistently and positively with peers.
The IDEAL candidate will...Be empathetic, a team player, written and verbal communication skills, energetic, understand the theories of behavior management and positive reinforcement, and represent yourself as a positive role model. Additionally, you must be able to complete 1 week of new hire orientation class, have a strong passion for working with and helping youth.
About New Horizon Community Care:We are a non-profit agency that specializes in a Residential Group Home and Outpatient Clinic program. The agency provides programming in order to aid in the development and behavior management of clients in our care. We focus on the development of goals, independent living skills, employment skills, decision making, counseling and the development of a strong work ethic.
- Must be at least 21 years old
- A master’s degree or bachelor’s degree in a field related to behavioral health; or
- Has a bachelor’s degree and at least one year of full-time behavioral health work experience; or
- Has a high school diploma or high school equivalency diploma and
- 18 credit hours of post-high school education in a field related to behavioral health completed no more than four years before the date the individual begins providing behavioral health services and two years of full-time behavioral health work experience; or
- Four years of full-time behavioral health work experience
- Must have a non restricted Driver's License
- Have or obtain a non restricted Level 1 Fingerprint Clearance Card
New Horizon Community Care offers an excellent Benefit Package:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holiday's
- Retirement Investment Plans (403b)
- Discounted Day Care services in Chandler
- NHCC participates in Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Aflac stipend packages
Salary is depended on years of experience and education in the Behavioral Health Field.
Para Professional: $16.00 - $18.00 an hour
Behavioral Health Tech: $18.00 - $20.00 an hour