The Therapist serves as the primary therapist and coordinates all treatment services through the provision of direct counseling, therapy and case management for all residents on his/her caseload. All Therapists embrace a trauma-informed approach to the care and treatment of their patients, and the unique job functions outlined are designed with a focus on safety and quality.
- Provides, individual, group and family therapies to assigned residents.
- Assist the utilization review department and case managers in providing justification for continued stay.
- Ensures comprehensive clinical assessments are completed within identified timeframes.
- Ensures bio-psychosocial assessments are completed within identified timeframes.
- Ensures sexual harm assessments are completed within identified timeframes (If applicable)
- Ensures all trauma assessments are completed within identified timeframes.
- Completes and implements all clinical documentation as required within the time frames established by New Hope Carolinas, contractual and regulatory agencies.(Includes infractions related to deficiency lists)
- Facilitates, in conjunction with the team Psychiatrist, the resident’s treatment team and participates in team planning for the resident; implements the decisions of the treatment team.
- Maintains regular contact with families, legal guardians, representatives of referral agencies, and courts (as required); provides regular updates on resident progress and ensures that residents, families, legal guardians and representatives of referral agencies are included in the treatment planning process and in all aspects of planning for the resident.
- Advises residents and their collaterals about program schedules and the rules and regulations of their treatment program.
- Effectively communicates with residential staff and program management regarding resident cases and their progress.
- Regularly attends and participates in clinical team meetings and individual clinical supervision.
- Completes other related tasks as assigned.
- Supervises social work interns and co-leaders of process group.
- Provides clinical guidance to designated residential staff
- Provides training to New Hope staff (covering topics such as Independent Living, Assertiveness Training, Social Skills, and Problem Solving); serves on functional teams and standing committees, participates in program planning and implementation, as assigned.
- Assumes portions of co-workers’ caseloads during their absence, to encompass all above-described Therapist/Case Manager duties.
Education/Experience: Master’s Degree in a Human Service field with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in the mental health profession.
Certification: Must be licensed in South Carolina (LSW, LMSW, LISW-CP, LISW-AP, LPC, LPC-S, LMFT, LMFT-S)
Work Location: Rock Hill, SC