Sr. Director, Programs
- Posted: over a month ago
New Hope Housing
Position Title: Senior Program Director
Supervises: Program Directors, Workforce Development Manager, and Program Administrator
Supervisor: Executive Director
As part of the leadership team, reporting to the Executive Director, this person is responsible for the day-to-day resident services at program sites of New Hope Housing. Ensures accomplishment of organizational goals and priorities in accordance with agency philosophy and values. Serves as the lead point of contact with Fairfax County, Arlington County, the Commonwealth of Virginia, and HUD for contract implementation and compliance. Is a member of the senior management team.
Tasks to be Performed:
- Provides leadership and oversight for program delivery. Ensures that services are implemented in an equitable manner in accordance with agency philosophy, best practices, and grant and contract requirements.
- Manages training for program staff. Is responsible for ensuring staff is properly on-boarded and trained and that training is regularly updated.
- Analyzes reports and other statistical information to ensure that desired outcomes are being achieved and recommends needed changes Using outcomes data and other information, recommend appropriate adjustments to improve programs for new program development. Oversees implementation of new initiatives.
- Monitors program expenditures and proposes adjustments as necessary.
- Provides management oversight to direct reports. Is a collaborative leader, working with others, both individually and as a team. Provides coaching and professional development support to direct reports. Meets regularly with direct reports. Evaluates performance.
- Serves as New Hope Housing representative with local government officials on all resident-related policies and procedures. Collaborates with other partner community agencies.
- Is available upon request of the Executive Director to speak to the public about the agency and homelessness. Serves as staff liaison to Board committees as assigned. Attends Board meetings.
- Works flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and overnights when needed.
- BA required; Master’s degree preferred.
- At least five years of experience providing social services to at-risk persons. Work with persons experiencing homelessness is a plus.
- At least five years of management experience.
- Exceptional people skills. Ability to build teams, work in a collaborative environment, and work with a diverse group of individuals.
- Strong ability to use data and metrics to monitor and assess program performance.
- Proficiency in MS Office and ability to quickly learn additional software programs. Familiarity with databases.
- Ability to take ownership and work independently or in collaboration with others.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Valid driver's license, clean driving record. Able to be insured by our insurance company. Has reliable transportation; this position requires local travel.
- Commitment to the mission and values of New Hope Housing.
- Commitment to equity.
ADA Statement: New Hope Housing Inc. will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Any person in need of accommodation should contact Human Resources directly for assistance.
New Hope Housing is proud to be an EOE/ADA employer that values diversity
New Hope Housing Inc
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at New Hope Housing Inc