General Description: The Medical Receptionist will greet patients, activate patient files, and move patients through a pre-determined schedule of appointments at a medical's office.
- Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Welcomes patients and visitors to the medical office by greeting patients and visitors in person and on the telephone and answering inquiries or referring questions to other staff members.
- Schedules appointments for the physicians and for laboratory tests and IOV’s to optimize patient satisfaction, provider time and most effective use of examining and treatment rooms. Prints, daily schedule and super bills and distributes them to appropriate departments/staff.
- Ensures that all medical requests forms are completed correctly and processed accordingly
- Retrieves patient files from EMR, checks for correct sequence of papers, inserts new patient record forms, and places files in sequence for physician examination or treatment.
- Informs patients of costs of care being provided. Collects and post co-payments, according to protocols; prepare and balance daily financial registers and submit all forms and fees to the fiscal department.
- Endeavors to keep patients on schedule by reminding provider of service delays.
- Maintains reception area in a neat and orderly condition.
- Assists patients with insurance papers and billing questions.
- Participates in the medical office emergency routine when required. Summons ambulance or EMS or assists other staff members as needed.
- Assure the readiness of the reception area for each working day; open the building at the designated time and have all front desk activities fully operational at the start of business hours.
Education and Experience:
- Graduate of a certified medical office training course preferred.
- High school graduate or equivalent required
- 1-year experience in a customer service environment
- Personality and demeanor to deal with the public and assist ill, or distraught patients.
- Excellent communication skills
- Bilingual in English and Chinese (Mandarin)
- We value patient care first. We service patients from all around the globe, seven days a week and are open on holidays. We are a fast paced IVF clinic with a diverse group of patient and staff.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.