General Description: Financial consultation and clarification of Insurance or self-pay information to the patients.
- Verify summary of benefits
- Provide financial consultation to new patients: explain and sign new financial contract with new patients or update old financial contracts with return patients
- Explain insurance deductible, co-insurance, copayment and patient responsibilities.
- Explain self-pay fee schedule and different promotional packages
- Daily review of DPS schedules, patient’s insurance/financial status and establish schedule when payment/deductible, co-insurance is due, also generate patient statements
- Collect procedure payment for S.P patients either on D3, during the monitoring visits (D3-12) or the day before the procedure date (D13), and inform precertification team to start precertification process on Day 3 of the cycle for patients with insurance coverage
- Answer all patients or insurance telephone calls and emails
- Prepare daily transaction/closing report for deposit.
- Review patient bills for accuracy and completeness and obtain any missing information.
- Generate and submit insurance claims, identify and bill secondary or tertiary insurances
- Process refund requests
- Post daily scheduled payments.
- Storage billing: review embryo/oocyte/sperm spreadsheet to verify current storage, enter both current bill and future recurrent bills using configured encounters for 50 years
- Identify and resolve patient billing complaints
- Participates in educational activities and attends weekly staff meetings.
- Associate Degree, Bachelor’s degree preferred. Knowledge of business and accounting processes. Certification from an accredited medical and billing school.
Experience: Minimum of 1 to 3 years in a medical office setting.
- Bilingual in English/Chinese (Mandarin).
- Pristine organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Excellent work ethic and ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Meticulous organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time-management, customer service, and critical-thinking skills.
- Ability to work well in a very fast-paced environment while maintaining composure and an individualized, compassionate approach to patient care.
- We value patient care first. We service patients from all around the globe, seven days a week and are open on holidays. We are a fast paced IVF clinic with a diverse group of patient and staff.