The main function of the Housekeeper / Janitorial position is to perform cleaning duties to keep the environment neat and pleasant. Maintain cleanliness in line with New Hope CORPS’s requirements. In addition to ensuring clean and comfortable surroundings, Housekeeper / Janitor will replenish toilet supplies, and clean and store cleaning supplies and equipment.
Incumbent of Housekeeper/Janitorial position needs to clean the work area to the standards of New Hope. This requires attention to detail, physical strength and the stamina to get the job done. His or her duties include but are not limited to:
• Understand the company's policy on possessions and privacy issues
• Provide basic housekeeping duties including but not limited to changing the sheets in residential program client's rooms, changing and arranging the towels, restocking toilet supplies, mopping floors and dusting.
• Report and return any out of place properties found in the facility while rendering service
• Disinfect and store all equipment at the end of the shift
Education: High school diploma or GED certificate preferred
Experience: One year of more in similar position.
Competencies for Housekeeping / Janitorial:
• Excellent working knowledge of cleaning appliances and their operations and proper use of cleaning agents.
• Attention to detail