The Student Services Coordinator is a position for career-minded and goal-oriented individuals to experience an entrepreneurial, values-driven culture within a rapidly growing business driven by societal and educational trends. The employee will build and maintain close relationships with students from registration through graduation, communicating with them on a regular basis and resolving any issues to ensure satisfaction and academic success. He/she will also coordinate efforts with instructors, tech support and financial aid on the student’s behalf.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Manage weekly communication to engage the student body and support retention efforts through various tactical approaches including proactive/reactive phone calls, text messages, click to chat and email.
- Monitor student performance to identify risks, and successfully resolve student concerns through prompt issue resolution and coaching designed to improve student retention and other strategies to meet partnership benchmarks and goals.
- Facilitate student requests through escalation procedures on the student's behalf with campus contacts and other support services. Interact daily with staff, faculty and program directors to ensure student issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Ensure student registration either through direct registration activities or leading students through the advising and registration process to meet campus benchmarks and objectives.
- Forecast course section needs, and provide recommendations for course scheduling where applicable, working with Student Recruitment and academic leaders to ensure availability and efficiency (load balancing) of campus resources.
- Manage regular activity, audit, and retention reporting, including registration management, to ensure achievement of internal and external partner retention/graduation goals.
- Maintain accurate and complete student enrollment records through database and spreadsheet management tools (CRM/SIS/ Excel.) Create and maintain comprehensive and accurate documentation of student interactions and records through campus SIS and Wiley CRM systems.
- Develop relationships and serve as liaison between Wiley and campus administrative and academic offices (Business Office, Financial Aid, Registrar, Advising, Faculty) regarding add/drop procedures, course scheduling, student concerns, graduation processes, and general troubleshooting.
- Work with the Operations Manager and Partnership Director to support daily partner operations, ensuring student support duties are accomplished in a timely and efficient manner
- Funnel information to marketing and student recruitment on programmatic changes and value proposition, curation of testimonials and student success stories and ongoing market opportunities and target audience evolution.
- Partner with academic services to effectively manage course schedules, section planning, updates, and general troubleshooting.
- Deliver new student orientations, including information on program procedures, policies, goals and objectives, registration, course materials, system setup, technical guidance, and problem resolution.
- Capture and analyze where appropriate student satisfaction data through a variety of methodologies, including surveys, polls, direct conversations, etc.
- Exhibit a thorough understanding of internal and partner processes and adhere to agreed-upon methodologies.
- Complete FERPA (Family Education Rights and Privacy Act) training and adhere to all FERPA guidelines.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- 2+ years of experience in operations, customer service, project management, or education-related fields
- Client service-oriented individual with outstanding written and oral communication skills; Ability to relate well to others and perform duties with a high degree of integrity, confidentiality, and adherence to professional ethical standards; Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; Excellent problem-solving and decision-making abilities, A professional appearance and telephone manner
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- A conscientious individual who needs little supervision in following up on assigned students, tasks, and special projects; Excellent organizational, multi-tasking skills and high level of attention to detail; Ability to work under pressure of deadlines and/or time limitations; Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Must have a strong command of the English language, in both oral and written form
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some nights and weekends
- Ability to travel