Production Lead (1st & 3rd Shift)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Rise Baking Company is looking to add Production Leads to their team at the New French Bakery, Kasota Avenue SE location in Minneapolis.
- 1st Shift:6am-230pm
- 3rd Shift: 10pm-630am
We are a relationship-based company where the quality of our people is just as important as the quality of our products. Our environment encourages creativity, and we value an entrepreneurial and industrious approach to work.
Top Reasons to Work for Rise Baking Company
- Opportunities for advancement and Career growth
- Paid Holidays and PTO start accruing day one
- Robust benefit package - Medical, dental, life, disability, vision, and supplemental insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) plan with Company match!
- $500 Referral Bonus
Execute production schedules at rated throughput in production (including dividing and make-up) oven, and/or packaging areas in accordance with safety, quality, and food safety specifications.
- Execute the daily production schedule in all areas as a process owner including minimizing downtime and seamless shift turnover in production (including dividing and make-up), oven, and/or packaging areas to meet customer needs.
- Ensure timely and accurate scaling/forming of doughs, baking of product to maintain processing standards across multiple lines without assistance
- Manage all process/operational checks
- Collect and enter data into daily production reporting systems
- Lead and manage multiple lines to a high level of performance; ensure established performance metrics for multiple lines are met
- Train Line Operator II personnel to drive teams to meet or exceed established performance metrics
- Train, coach, and mentor operations, specials, etc.
- Serve as backup Supervisor
- Utilize the quality control point system and take corrective actions when deviations are noted
- Manage the finished product and WIP traceability system in production (including dividing and make-up), oven, and/or packaging areas
- Adhere to the allergen control program guidelines, including equipment cleaning and verification activities
- Take corrective action as assigned by the Supervisor based on pre-operation and daily self-assessment audit findings
- Lead team in investigating issues, finding root causes, and developing solutions for the issues that arise in the production, oven, and/or packaging areas
- Utilize the performance measurement system for direction in areas of employee, safety, quality, cost, and productivity
- Take actions necessary to resolve food safety and quality deficiencies
- Maintain safe working conditions and preserve the integrity of the environmental health and safety system though adherence to the policies and procedures outlined in the Safety Manual
- Participate in mandatory GFS and EHS training program requirements and ensure others complete required training
- Preserve the integrity of the SFQ system through adherence to the policies and procedures outlines in the QFS Manual
- Support food safety program, quality standards, and legality of products manufactured in the facility
- Preform other job-related duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Food manufacturing experience required
- 3+ years or production experience in food manufacturing desired
- Willingness to work various shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays based on business need
- Basic quantitative and analytical skills desired
- Ability to effectively communicate with peers and leadership
- Ability to work cross-functionally, convey equipment issues, and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to think quickly and handle frequent change
- Detail orientated with the ability to organize and multitask
- Self-motivated, goal oriented, quality driven, and capable of working independently with little supervision
Powered by JazzHR
New French Bakery Inc
ManufacturingView all jobs at New French Bakery Inc