Utility Construction Laborer
- Posted: over a month ago
Are you ready to build your career on Solid Ground? Join the leader in utility construction and get yourself a solid career with solid pay!
Established in 1972, New England Utility Constructors Inc. (NECUO) has been providing underground utility construction solutions to New England for five decades. Known for safety, quality, and excellence, NEUCO specializes in pipeline and natural gas distribution construction. Our well-trained and professional staff aims for excellence on every project. Competitive wages and benefits from day one. Paid training and development. Opportunities to advance. At NEUCO, you are part of a team working to support critical utility and energy infrastructure.
Becoming a Utility Construction Laborer is the first step in your new career. In this entry level position, you will be assigned to a crew with seasoned foremen, equipment operators and pipefitters, where you will learn the trade and be provided with the tools you need to succeed in the industry. Your duties will involve general labor such as excavating, trenching, and shoring, while working around heavy equipment.
- Use hand tools to dig around existing utility structures to prevent damage
- Load and unload equipment and materials
- Keep worksite clean and organized free from unnecessary hazards
- Perform regular maintenance and cleaning on assigned vehicles and equipment
- Maintain all industry required Operator Qualifications
- Perform other responsibilities as requested by leadership
- Weekly Payroll
- Employee Discounts
- Vacation Time, Sick Time and holiday pay
- Career Development Opportunities
- 401K w/Company Match
- Company paid Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability
- Competitive Benefit Package including Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Strong desire to learn a new trade
- Passion to complete work safely in close proximity to workers and underground utilities
- Commitment to doing quality work while putting safety first
- Work sites are outdoors in potentially extreme weather conditions
- All worksite safety instructions are written and spoken in English; must be fluent in English
- Work includes prolonged and repeated: lifting (including overhead, up to 50lbs); standing; climbing; kneeling; reaching and feeling; crouching and crawling
- Work is performed within the "red zone" of heavy equipment
- Working safely requires quick/accurate hand-eye coordination and the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Pass pre-employment, random, post-accident, and reasonable suspicion drug screens
- Provide valid US work authorization documents for E-Verify
- Satisfactory results of pre-employment background check results
- Valid driver's license with clean driving record is preferred
- Pre-employment medical fit-for-duty test; hold/obtain DOT medical card
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
This job description is subject to change at any time. It reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, and does not exclude or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Centuri and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. Centuri will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process (e.g., accommodations for a test or job interview) if so requested.
New England Utility Constructors Inc.
ConstructionView all jobs at New England Utility Constructors Inc.