New England Sports Orthopedics Spine & Rehabilitation, LLC (NESOSR), Ludlow, MA.
Job Snapshot: Per Diem with Full-Time possibility.
Healthcare - Health Services
Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant, Certified
- Dept. of Orthopedics: Physical medicine and rehab. / non-surgical spine care / pain management position.
- NESOSR is currently hiring a per diem Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant for a busy Interventional Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation practice in Ludlow, MA. We are seeking a nurse practitioner/physician assistant with a focus on nonsurgical /surgical interventional spine, musculoskeletal injuries, physical medicine and rehabilitation, and pain management.
- Evaluating patients, determining appropriate diagnostic tests, formulating treatment plans, prescribing medications, performing trigger point injections, and assisting the physician during all aspects of patient care in the office setting.
- The candidate must be highly motivated, conscientious, personable, and demonstrate excellent communication skills and the ability to work well both independently and with others in a team-oriented environment. Experience in nonsurgical spine care, physical medicine and rehabilitation, orthopedics / musculoskeletal medicine, or pain management preferred, but would be willing to train the right candidate. A MA license, DEA, and Massachusetts controlled substances certification are required.
The NP/PA provides general medical care and treatment to NESOSR patients. This is done in direct collaboration with a licensed physician, and in accordance with an approved written practice agreement and guidelines. Services provided by the NP/PA will include health maintenance, management of acute/episodic illnesses and management of stable chronic illnesses.
- Provides clinical services and develops and implements plan of care in conjunction with collaborating physician(s).
- Obtains patient medical history and performs physical examinations and preventative health measures within prescribed guidelines.
- Initiates necessary laboratory and diagnostic tests. Interprets laboratory and test results.
- Confers with collaborating physician(s), nursing staff and/or other care providers to ensure optimum quality of patient care, and to prepare a comprehensive patient care plan. Refers to appropriate physician for more complicated medical cases or cases that are not a routine part of a NP's scope of practice.
- Provides continuity of care by developing and implementing patient management plans. Obtains consultations and/or referrals as appropriate. Ensures all follow-up appointments are completed on a timely basis.
- Responds to patient inquiries, answers questions and refers questions to physician(s) as appropriate.
- Documents all patient care services in the electronic medical record.
- Provides health education counseling to patients and families as appropriate; and supports programs for patients and their families. Answers questions about condition and treatment plan.
- Participates in and supports performance improvement and risk management activities.
- Completes required continuous training and education, including practice specific requirements. Demonstrates professional work behavior and complies with organizational policies and procedures and federal and state requirements.
- Establishes and maintains patient educational materials.
- Works closely with physicians and other clinicians in a team approach to patient care.
- Respects and protects the patient’s rights to confidentiality and privacy and discloses information only for the professional purposes which are in the patient’s best interests with full consideration of their legal rights. Displays a positive attitude when interacting with physician’s office staff, physicians and fellow employees of the office.
- Master's degree and successful completion of accredited nurse practitioner program
- Current licensure as Nurse Practitioner by state of Massachusetts
- Board certification
- Current BLS and ACLS certification
- Knowledge of medical procedures and guidelines concerning assessment, treatment, and recovery
- Ability to work collaboratively within a clinical team
- Demonstrated professional competence and integrity and ethical conduct of practice
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, and effective conflict resolution skills
- Patient focused and committed to providing outstanding and compassionate care and service to all patients
- Demonstrated commitment to NESOSR mission, vision and values
- Strong computer skills and EMR knowledge
About New England Sports, Orthopedics, Spine & Rehabilitation
We specialize in the non-surgical treatment of sports injuries, musculoskeletal disorders as well as neuromuscular diseases. With over 15 years experience, Dr. Bernaiche, D.O. is highly skilled in minimally invasive injection techniques which help manage acute and chronic disorders.